The Metal Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yes, he had such a christian upbringing into the realm of hardcore rap that only talks about killing people, fucking hoes, selling/doing drugs, killing more people, fucking more hoes and selling/doing more drugs. Oh, and then killing some people cause you gotta rep yo set. Such Christian, many wow.

Edit to add song: Ran across this on youtube the other day and really enjoying it.
Cool post bro, would read again

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Clean vocals you say? How about Iron Maiden, the poster child for metal for like a decade plus?

This song isn't their best, but fuck, it is still metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhOGV3Qo9sU

I suck at posting youtube videos apparently. Anyway, this shit is super accessible and isn't indicative of the genre as a whole. But there is definitely metal out there for everyone.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, he had such a christian upbringing into the realm of hardcore rap that only talks about killing people, fucking hoes, selling/doing drugs, killing more people, fucking more hoes and selling/doing more drugs. Oh, and then killing some people cause you gotta rep yo set. Such Christian, many wow.
Nowhere in this thread did I say I listened to hardcore hip hop as a kid.

What are you, 20 or something? You show your age and maturity level in general, if you think all hip hop is the way it is now. If you listen to that BS that exists now, and think that's what it's about, I feel sorry for you.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Lyrical, Tope recommendations off what you have liked. Try some early manowar and manila road both of which are the cornerstones to that epic positive clean heavy metal you seem to enjoy. I will put together a list for you with links later.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I may be an outlier, but I like having music I can sing along with =/ Actually I'm pretty sure that makes me an outlier hah. Anyway! Buckethead is amazing, but something to be enjoyed between other metal in my opinion. Spokes on the Wheel of Torment has been in my default playlist for like a decade, but I don't know if I would put together a full set of him and him alone.

It also helps if you like Heironymous Bosch.
Buckethead - Spokes for the Wheel of Torment (best quality) - YouTube

an accordion_sl

shitlord

Edit to add song: Ran across this on youtube the other day and really enjoying it.

Finsterforst's new album is really different from their other stuff... they went a bit more generic, but it still sounds pretty good.

Old stuff for reference:

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been on a Primordial kick lately, Where Greater Men Have Fallen is a damn good album.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lyrical, Tope recommendations off what you have liked. Try some early manowar and manila road both of which are the cornerstones to that epic positive clean heavy metal you seem to enjoy. I will put together a list for you with links later.
I just keep listening to KSE mostly non stop. I also realized that I haven't listened to non metal in like two months now. Mom and Dad are gonna kill me.

Suds_sl

shitlord
Been on a Primordial kick lately, Where Greater Men Have Fallen is a damn good album.
These guys fucking rock! I ended up listening to an hour's worth on the you tubes, and adding a bunch to my metal playlist. Not enough bands play "heavy" metal any more.

Here's some Nekrogoblikon: