The Metal Thread

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Hadn't heard Sumac, but liking what i hear. Makes me wanna hit a wall (in a good way) ps, kudos on the Mastodon avatar. Fuckin love that band.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Girlfriend bought tickets for Volbeat in Detroit next week. Don't know them too well, just what I've heard on the radio, but I bet they're pretty decent live.

I need to get those Sumac albums. Was super hyped for them when they announced their existence, then forgot about them by the time they released anything.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't like them that much, but my friend saw them the last time they came to Detroit and he said their show was fuckin' great.

also, a classic

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Last show I saw in Detroit was Neurosis at St. Andrew's Hall last summer

Not from the show I went to, but awesome nonetheless:

Edit / pharmakos trivia --

My avatar is an image I made from a scan of an old Tribes of Neurot album booklet like ~13 years ago. (Tribes of Neurot = Neurosis' noise side project)

r-299467-1182081321.jpe

The show Neurosis played in Detroit last summer was their first show in Michigan in I believe 19 years. Was able to cross an item off my bucket list that night.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I got sick as fuck that night when they played, and yeah it was 19 years. Good chance they're never coming back here again, I'm so sad. If they play a show at all within driving distance I am making it a point to go. Neurosis is definitely my #1 favorite band forever. This particular video is what got me in to them

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Only recently got into High on Fire, definitely digging them. Not sure what took me so long.

Also, BEEF

• 1Like