The Metal Thread

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah it's kind of nuts how hugely popular it got. I got a few of my friend into metal because of folk metal bands like them

obligatory leekspin

BvxrG7e.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
This whole album is the shit. The latter ones feel a bit flat.

I think this is my favorite DnD metal. Bands like hammerfall and stuff are OK, but I prefer the more heavy metal sound with the fantasy themed lyrics.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I know they get mixed reviews, but I love the unhallowed CD especially. This song especially is fun to play on guitar.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
On a metal binge tonight... If you don't know these guys, get to know them...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Fuck yeah! I remember first seeing Lamb of God's "11th Hour" on Uranium with that hot mexican chick Julia. Such a killer band.

Also, guess the first viking / folk metal I discovered was Ensifreum, which led to Wintersun, to Tyr, to Korpiklanni, etc. I just find it to be great music. It's awesome there are bands embracing their historical heritage and melding it with music they're passionate about to craft something new.

Anyways some vids...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I also really need the new Alcest album too already. It's so close I can feeeeeel it

• 1Like

Killswitch

N00b
Seems Roadrunner took down the old video and remastered the track as well. Guitars are way more up front and it sounds much better than the previous:

Anywats great Rush cover. I didnt think this was going to be any good but I was really surprised how well they covered this.

• 1Like