The Metal Thread

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
New Hypocrisy? Oh god yes. Virus just fucking destroys from start to finish.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Been listening to a lot of DT lately, going back to some of the old albums, but their new cd was amazing.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
They have a new one coming out soon as well if I remember correctly. I can't wait DT rarely disappoints every album i've heard from them has been solid, they also put on a great live show. Got kicked in the head by some dude by mistake during one of their shows, still a great time minus the brief light headed experience.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
If you have strayed over the last few years, it's time to come back.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Rumors of a new Tool album for months, now Maynard is stating not gonna happen, I have to keep the faith that he's trolling, and the 2013 will see the return of the best metal band on Earth.

Please, make it happen.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Rumors of a new Tool album for months, now Maynard is stating not gonna happen, I have to keep the faith that he's trolling, and the 2013 will see the return of the best metal band on Earth.

Please, make it happen.
Rumor is they're half done with the new album and there won't be an album this year. Personally, and this is just my opinion... I think Maynard is pretty much done with TOOL. Every time he's asked about TOOL and the new album he rather doesn't have anything to say or skirts around the question. Exception being his interview with Joe Rogan that lasted 2 1/2 hours (great interview btw if you haven't seen it/listened to it).

He's seems to be more focused on his wine and Puscifer. No APC album since 2004, last TOOL album was 2006 but Puscifer has released 3 albums and 3 EP's since 2007.
So, like I said... my opinion, I think he wants to focus more on his wine than anything else at this point, other than Puscifer.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I'm long past the point of caring. Have you read the shit on Tool's site and what Maynard puts out in columns or whatever? It's extremely obvious he enjoys fucking with the masses. He's one of the best public trolls out there.

Tool's catalog is great, they still do a couple dates here and there and put on an amazing show, and Maynard continues to do what he does best and make great music. Whatever label it has on it is irrelevant to me at this point. They'll get around to it, he's just not in any particular hurry. I don't pretend to understand the dynamics of that band, but if the other 3 guys were really bent outta shape about it, I'm sure he'd be replaced Portnoy style, and that's not happening.

So I'm not the least bit concerned about it.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Guy on the radio here yesterday said that the drummer said they'd release an album this year sometimes, so who knows. I like Tool but if they put a new album out or not, it makes no difference to me. Would be cool to hear some new material however.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay, let's set some things straight.

1. Tool are not the best metal band on the planet. That's just... no. They're great, one of the best of the modern era, but come on. That's a little hyperbolic.
2. Puscifer sucks. Face it, it's fucking terrible. APC wasn't that great either. Maynard is not the genius behind Tool, Adam Jones is.
3. I would expect a new album in 2014. These fuckers take their time, and they've taken A LOT more time on this album than any previous one.

And the "drummer's" name is Danny fucking Carey! Come on man!