The Metal Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
never heard of these guys, checking out their latest album is actually really sick
very diverse styles on one album, or even on one song lol
I second this, had never heard of them. What a gem, going to give their albums a few listens over the next day or two for sure.
And just so I'm actually contributing to the thread, I'll answer Cleetus question about what metal fans will be listening to in 50 years. Probably the same masterpieces of today such as this one, it doesn't age.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Eonan

Doer of Things
So Tim Lambesis got out of jail last year (lead singer of As I Lay Dying), and since then has teased interest in "getting the band back together". Anyways, on Friday the bands Facebook page has its picture changed, and the banner plays a teaser that I've had on repeat ever since. So disregarding any of the legal history stuff...I must say I am stoked at the thought of new music with the original lineup, which is looking likely.

As I Lay Dying Official

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
is it the actual original lineup? most of them said they wouldn't again because of what he did

but i guess wovenwar flopped so they probably need the money haha. Sick though! AILD was my favorite band for a few years

Eonan

Doer of Things
is it the actual original lineup? most of them said they wouldn't again because of what he did

but i guess wovenwar flopped so they probably need the money haha. Sick though! AILD was my favorite band for a few years

That is what most of the speculation is so far, at least on the "metal news" websites. Looking at some of the tattoo's and the such I definitely think the core of the band is there, the question I guess is whether Tim is or not, but I would assume as much.

Regardless, hopefully we don't have to wait long to get the rest of the song, and they put out a release date for the album shortly.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Side note, the new Asking Alexandria album is pretty interesting, looks Worsnop's time in Nashville had an impact on his style and I'm a big fan of the changes.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For anyone missing the old sound from The Sword, these guys scratch that itch.

• 1Like