The Metal Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
New Black Dahlia dropped. Got to say, album is really good but it's a bit 'different' sounding to me. A little more technical, better guitar solos, better mix on the vocals:

Suds_sl

shitlord
organs out, throw them away,
season the corpse, rub it in salt,
make all of the necessary cuts,
put your oven or pan on high.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I actually really love Deafheaven. That perfect mixture of Shoegaze and Black Metal is something I never really was a fan of until I heard Sunbather. There's not a lot of other bands with similar style that I really liked yet.

Plus it pisses off all my black metal friends when I call it black metal, so that's a bonus.
If Deafhaven came out in full corpse paint and spiked bracelets, black metal dudes would be all about it. Sunbather is a truly amazing album.

Oblig video of what I'm feeling lately.

Edit:can't figure out how to embed from my phone.
https://youtu.be/gmJ0xg-cqPs

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I went to see Marty Friedman yesterday. I missed Exmortus and the other opening band cause I fell asleep. But Marty was actually really good. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. His band had a ton of personality and everyone really seemed to be enjoying themselves. It was so different than the usual dark, brutal, evil, hardcore black metal / death metal shows I go to. I had a really good time. If you like guitar I think you'll have a good time too.

Suds_sl

shitlord
With a name like Caligula's Horse I was expecting something a little darker. Pleasantly surprised. Thanks for posting that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yes, but I think this is actually the worst.

Every single song is forgettable. They even covered that Highway to the Danger Zone song and it's just awful. Usually I enjoy their covers too.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
IDGAF if people think Mastodon is too soft, the first 2 tracks off Blood Mountain give me painful erections every time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Mastodon is one of those bands where the album art makes them look so badass but then you listen to it and it's just mushy diarrhea