The Metal Thread

Emotiv

Silver Squire
At first listen, I wasn't sure what to make of Gore, but man it's really growing on me.

I think Doomed User and Phantom Bride would have been better singles. Wasn't crazy about Prayers/Triangles when it came out, but it feels better going back for a re-listen now that I have the plot.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Went and saw Amon Amart, Entombed A.D. and Exmortus last night.

Exmortus: man these guys can shred. I missed the first song or two since i was off in line to get an AA t-shirt but man, they were great. Super tight playing and they had a ton of energy. You could tell they were having fun up there shredding like madmen. Go see this band. The are fun and rip it up!

Entombed A.D.: they played half from their new album and some oldies from the pre-AD days. Got to hear Left Hand Path and Wolverine Blues which was awesome. They sounded great, but the lead singer, LG, would comment in between songs and he was sloshed or something but you couldn't understand what he was saying half the time. I found it pretty hilarious and i think he did at one point too. Overall, they sounded great too and crushed it. I felt like I was the only one who really knew the band at times. I thought i was gonna break my neck from the heaviness.

Amon Amarth: what can I say. These vikings don't disappoint. They sounded great. Johan's vocal were a little drowned out, but he's a great frontman and kept the crowd enthused and you could see they had fun. I didn't realize the drummer left last year, but the new guy was on point and played flawless. They played 4-5 songs off the new album and all of the bigger songs from previous albums all the way to vs the world. The crowed seemed a little tired at first. Maybe most of the newer stuff was unfamiliar to them (and me somewhat) but the last 1/2 - 3/4 the pits were going and it was a lot of fun. Great show all around.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Went and saw Amon Amart, Entombed A.D. and Exmortus last night.

Exmortus: man these guys can shred. I missed the first song or two since i was off in line to get an AA t-shirt but man, they were great. Super tight playing and they had a ton of energy. You could tell they were having fun up there shredding like madmen. Go see this band. The are fun and rip it up!
Exmortus was fantastic live when I saw them, they opened for Dark Tranquillity and Omnium Gatherum at a show I went to in 2014. They seemed to enjoy talking/hanging out with fans at their merch booth after they finished their set.