The Metal Thread

Goatface

1684977494508.png

article says he had been dealing with Parkinson's and passed away peacefully in his sleep
as soon as got a driver's license, me and friend used to make a 75 mile trip to the only record shop that focused on metal. one of the guy's there painted the cover for mournful cries (think still have a signed poster/print of it somewhere) and he would play them all the time. i had no idea an incarnation of the band was still going. the 86-92 line up got back together in 2008, and in 2010 drummer, Armando Acosta passed away at 58.

also, no idea Candlemass was still going.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
I was watching the documentary, "Get Thrashed," on Prime and one of the people interviewed was Katon De Pena of Hirax. I'd never heard of the band and don't know how I missed it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I was watching the documentary, "Get Thrashed," on Prime and one of the people interviewed was Katon De Pena of Hirax. I'd never heard of the band and don't know how I missed it.

I'm half tempted to dub their singer 'Black Rob Halford'

That's more a stylistic thing I guess. I got some Judas Priest vibes personally, but w/o the super high Halford screams/notes

Or maybe it's just me

Some of this may not really be metal (to everyone) but IDGAF

RIP Tina Turner

HRRRNNNGGG

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Sleep Token has a big buzz around them but I just can't seem to get into them. I feel like I'm listening to eight string Sam Smith. And maybe that's good? I dunno. I swear I keep trying.

In the meantime I've had the most metal listening year in prob a decade. Something in the air.

This is my latest fave band:

And these guys. More groove.

Also Kardashev is awesome.
Though I think they're mostly a studio band if that makes sense. Fine with me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sleep Token has a big buzz around them but I just can't seem to get into them. I feel like I'm listening to eight string Sam Smith. And maybe that's good? I dunno. I swear I keep trying.

In the meantime I've had the most metal listening year in prob a decade. Something in the air.

This is my latest fave band:

And these guys. More groove.

Also Kardashev is awesome.
Though I think they're mostly a studio band if that makes sense. Fine with me.
I didnt get the hype either for quite awhile. But then I listened to their newest album and it sold me. A lot of their previous stuff doesnt jive with me other than a few songs. Its like you said too much string quartet type shit. Also, their live performance is awesome.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I didnt get the hype either for quite awhile. But then I listened to their newest album and it sold me. A lot of their previous stuff doesnt jive with me other than a few songs. Its like you said too much string quartet type shit. Also, their live performance is awesome.
I'm willing to bet it's because of Will Ramos. Sleep Token is one of his favorite bands and he's been talking about them a lot recently and covering their songs. I think between Will Ramos, Chris and the Charismatic Voice podcast is where the hype is coming from. I will admit, their newest album is pretty fucking solid.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm willing to bet it's because of Will Ramos. Sleep Token is one of his favorite bands and he's been talking about them a lot recently and covering their songs. I think between Will Ramos, Chris and the Charismatic Voice podcast is where the hype is coming from. I will admit, their newest album is pretty fucking solid.
I could see that being true within the metal community. I have a friend who learned of them because of Will. Musically they are just so good. They are starting to get recognized by artists outside of metal which is awesome.

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
I could see that being true within the metal community. I have a friend who learned of them because of Will. Musically they are just so good. They are starting to get recognized by artists outside of metal which is awesome.
I've heard Sleep Token described as Hozier in drop D. I admit it was the vocals that attracted me to their music.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user