The Metal Thread

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Movie announcement forced me to bust out the older soundtracks.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty stoked for this entry into their library.

Many, many listens later...

This album really pissed me off after the Phans (loved both dearly). For me, it may even rank below Heliocentric. Front half is blah. Atlantic, Subboreal are OK but still feel weaker than their older output. Parabiosis lyrically scares the shit out of me (doubly so as a biology nerd), so mission accomplished on that track too, I guess. Unconformities feels like a poor man's Cygnus. Album as a whole is too synthy. I understand that they wanted to try writing tracks a different way and that the album is probably intentionally supposed to sound sterile given the themes, but that doesn't really give me any solace.

And Staps bitching about the human condition is wearing really thin on me. Guy's a Nietzsche fanboy, spent two albums critiquing Christianity, and then turns around and does surprisedpika.jpg when he sees we've arrived in Guy Debord's worst nightmare (in his words)/Clown World (in ours). Okay, bro, what is your brilliant synthesis to get us out of this mess? He's better when he leaves things open ended, e.g. Pelagial.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Love him or hate him... That fucking vibrato growl is fucking sick.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1000% ozzy didn't write this, obviously

but he's in bad health, seems

dude is 74, over 4 years with diagnosed parkinson's after nearly dying to pneumonia. he shouldn't be doing anything other than the occasional studio work. live, don't think his voice as been really that strong in well over a decade. don't mean it in a bad way, he is just old and amazingly still live.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user