The Midnight Club

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Midnight Club

Genre: Mystery

First aired: 2022-10-07

Creator: Mike Flanagan, Leah Fong

Cast: Adia, Igby Rigney, Ruth Codd, William Chris Sumpter, Aya Furukawa, Annarah Cymone, Sauriyan Sapkota, Heather Langenkamp, Iman Benson

Overview: At a manor with a mysterious history, the 8 members of the Midnight Club meet each night at midnight to tell sinister stories – and to look for signs of the supernatural from the beyond.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not to be confused with The Midnight Society from Nickelodeon's Are You Afraid of the Dark original idea do not steal.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Jesus I guess people can't just enjoy shit anymore. It must be exhausting to think that way about everything all of the time. Anyways its Mike Flanagan so its going to be well shot, well acted, not super scaary but have some creepy ass moments. Should be a good time. Also Zach Gilford is in this dunno why he isn't in that cast list there.

• 1Like

Caliane

I'm on episode 3 so far. out of 10.. ugh.

This is a slog. 50min episodes, of which like 35 are devoted to the wraparound story of the cancer kids, who telling the stories. only 15 min on the actual scary stories being told.

Its SLOW and boring. its just sad most of the time. The main story is a bunch of burger king kids club teenagers with cancer/aids in a boarding house waiting to die. Mostly the main girl, investigating her theory on the history of the house, a cult, and some girl who was "cured" in the past. and lots and lots of interpersonal drama.

Its set in the 90's. But, infested with wokeness.

Irish girl is insufferable. the cast as noted. indian kid, japanese girl. gay black male, black girl. main black girl, who is valevictorian, and very studious, and just a major fan of feminist horror, especially Mary shelly. irish girl, and white boy.
They stop to tell us the Indian kids parents are being deported. they stop to tell us AIDS is not just the gay disease, and he really has it the worst out of all these cancer kids because people judge him for it.

And thats the tone of the show. the whole thing is like this. "I'm so saaaaad"

ep2 scary story is a girl who held to high standards, as a student and ballerina, but really just wants to fuck and do drugs. makes a deal with the devil, has sex, and gets hooked on heroin, and basically kills herself.
I legit can't tell if this is an atheist liberal actually having some self reflection or not. but, they don't actually acknowledge the parents, etc being right. so I don't think so. seems more like the shirking responsibility and god, for sex drugs and rock and roll was fine. its just she went too far/was a bitch, and that was really the issue.

ep3. wallflower straight white male highschooler is s serial killer.

This is hard to get through. I don't know I can even make it all the way, unless something real interesting happens real fast.

Has tidbits of good 90's music.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
This is hard to get through. I don't know I can even make it all the way, unless something real interesting happens real fast.
I felt exactly the same way about Midnight Mass. I finished it, but it was a slog the whole way through for me. Haven't bothered with this one because of it.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus I guess people can't just enjoy shit anymore. It must be exhausting to think that way about everything all of the time. Anyways its Mike Flanagan so its going to be well shot, well acted, not super scaary but have some creepy ass moments. Should be a good time. Also Zach Gilford is in this dunno why he isn't in that cast list there.

just dont think about the erosion of culture and quality! Just… enjoy it!

Caliane

episode 4 is the Christian girl apologizing to the gay dude for being Christian. and being really bad about it. she compares AAAAAIDDDS, to Herpes in her terrible apology story.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
episode 4 is the Christian girl apologizing to the gay dude for being Christian. and being really bad about it. she compares AAAAAIDDDS, to Herpes in her terrible apology story.
I really hate this new meme, how Christians somehow have to apologize to degenerates for not approving of their degeneracy.

Literally everyone on the planet is disgusted by gay men. Left, right, male, female, it doesnt matter. We all think you're fucking gross, gay dudes. Sorry, its just the reality of the situation.

Lets be real. I am sure even gay dudes think its gross. They just have some fucked up fetish where gross is what turns them on. I'm sure even they recognize "yeah this is fucking gross" but just at the same time, the ick factor is what gets them going.

A planet with 8 billion people, 8 billion of whom think gay dudes are fucking disgusting. But somehow Christians are supposed to apologize for sharing this disapproval.

• 1Like

Caliane

ep7 almost had an interesting twist. but, then just gave it up for a dream sequence.

ep8. so far is the best. cult stuff taking off. Natsuki, gives the best "ghost story". show does a great job of making it personal as well.
Technically all the stories are. Something I hadn't mentioned. The cancer kids all star in their stories, as their story characters. Which I thought they were going to do something with, for ep7.. but didn't.

Should also mention in. iirc ep6. they FINALLY had a Christian react in in a sane Christian way to supernatural bullshit.
Basically, the main girl decides she wants to do a Greek pagan blood sacrifice to 5 greek goddesses. Hygieia, Iaso, Aceso, Aegle, and Panacea. Daughters of Asclepius.
Christian girl says absolutely not. thats blasphemy and worshiping false idols, she will not damn her eternal soul, to save a mortal life. That makes no sense. Mortals are supposed to die, and pass on to the next.

Of course, that lasts 10seconds, when in the very next scene some comes and tells her, "please come to support your friend". "ok, Ill just show up." and then 10 seconds later, "ok, heres my sacrifice". sigh...

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
My girlfriend and I are enjoying this but I find the large chunk of every episode dedicated to one of the stories quite frustrating.

I think it’s well acted and a good show but during the stories I often find myself reaching for my phone.

I think they serve a purpose but don’t need to be so long. I find it frustrating how sometimes the length of them means we get very little story progression.

We’ve got episode 9 and 10 to finish tonight and are looking forward to finding out which of our theories is true!

Caliane

Finished it. No resolution at all. Just sequel bait, with no real hook in the first place.
I can't recommend this to anyone at all for any reason.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Completely agree. Ending sucked. Almost everything left unanswered. This show gave me blue balls.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database