gauze

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Midnight Gospel

Genre: Animation, Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2020-04-20

Creator: Pendleton Ward, Duncan Trussell

Cast: Duncan Trussell, Phil Hendrie

Overview: Traversing trippy worlds inside his universe simulator, Clancy the space caster explores existential questions about life, death and everything in between.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Netflix show that came out mid last month that seems to have a sleeper look given the animation being childish in nature. I've been putting it off after watching the first episode due to busy, recommended it to a few friends who ended up binge watching it and raving back about it. Also seems to be picking up on social media outlets slightly since tiger king is becoming 'old news.'

Its Pendleton Ward(Adventure Time and Over the Gardenwall) seemingly going off the rails with animation, narrated in a kinda podcast format. First episode is with some Dr. Drew guy who I know by face only, but animated as the president and talking about drugs and such in a alternate dimension on the brink of apocalypse. Each episode is a different theme, following a protagonist on his exploration.

Supposedly last episode hits the feelies hard but I don't know.. Only bout to start the grind given the extra free time now. I've always hated gamegrumps show format, but really liked when it would get fan animation on segments becoming more bearable.. So the show seems like a winning recipe in my book in a semirelated way. Visuals!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's fantastic if you're good and high, but just comes off as weird shit if you aren't. Some of the existential topics it discusses really hit you while stoned.

The final episode is 1000% a smack in the feels. It was a podcast Duncan did with his mom about 3 weeks before she died. If you've lost your mom, it'll make you tear up like a bitch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The final episode is 1000% a smack in the feels. It was a podcast Duncan did with his mom about 3 weeks before she died. If you've lost your mom, it'll make you tear up like a bitch.
That explains the super ugly cry face I got from my partner, she lost her mom about a year ago.. And she was unable to speak coherently and bawling. When she came to, she just said I need to watch it asap.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm a huuuuuuge fan of Adventure Time, when i first heard about the format of this show I wasn't all that excited. Duncan Trussell is fine but that's not really what I was hoping for the follow up to Adventure Time to be for Pen Ward. It doesn't matter though, Duncan basically is Clancy. The podcast bits fit in well, and the meta bits. I like it. Some of the episodes are really amazing, some are like a rambling incoherent mess. The last episode is really, really touching and emotional and shit.

I'll keep watching, for sure. I wish it was a bit more coherent at times but I can deal with some amount of randomness.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
This is fantastic. I started it last night at the suggestion of a coworker with the intent of just watching the first episode. Ended up binging 6.

the only weak episode I thought was the dude talking about Crowley and magic.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
This show was a ton of fun to watch. Last episode fucked me up even though both my parents are alive and well and will stay that way forever.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database