The Mummy (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Because a $400 million world wide box office wasn't enough for it to clear a lot of money, especially with so much of it coming from overseas where the studio cut is often less than the domestic. Depending on which reported budget figure you go with it did either a little better than break even or lost money.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In the age of Rotten Tomatoes and Youtuber reviews, it is getting harder and harder to trick people into seeing your steaming pile of shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll take that as an indication of the 60 million estimated loss being the tale of the tape. Producers don't bail on something that breaks even.

I don't think the Dark Universe is dead, but that is definitely a wrap for the Mummy sequel.

*CYMBAL CLAP*

Oldbased

> Than U
Finally caught it. I didn't think it was terrible in any sense. It was very Tom Cruisish. That also means it wasn't very memorable either. I like TC enough but his action movies are always without soul pretty much and for some reason it is about all he does.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
this was a giant turd

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sucks this bombed so hard. I thought the movie monster universe was a cool idea. This killed that lol.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's just Hollywood can't figure out why marvel can do it but no one else can. And the reason is because A) marvel is pulling from 70 years of other people's hard work and B) they made sure the individual movies stood up on their own right.

SOOO much of this movie was focused on story OUTSIDE of we were seeing. I'm fine with world building but you have to focus on what you have, not what might come later

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Monster universe you say?

1620108383304.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user