The Netflix Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not only will the "excess users" no longer watch the service, it will likely inspire many account owners to drop or at least downgrade service since they were maintaining the X amount of simultaneous streams which is exactly the thing they already charge for yet want to end. Who cares how adjacent the users are?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have like 3-4 extended family members on my dole, lol. But in all honesty they should have fixed this shit a long fucking time ago, speaking from a pure business perspective. If you want to watch netflix shit (which is pretty shit lately) you have to pay for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

i have no idea how this is supposed to work but i am guessing its gonna be an absolute disaster
Service with less and less content as time goes on, starts effectively jacking the rates up on all their customers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix goes the way of Blockbuster in the next 5-10 years.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Service with less and less content as time goes on, starts effectively jacking the rates up on all their customers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix goes the way of Blockbuster in the next 5-10 years.
Yeah they dont have shit now since all the other studios started to take back their shit. And all of thieir made for netflix crap is more miss than hit.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only reason I have Netflix is a family member lets me use their account. There isnt shit on there worth paying for. Ill sub maybe once a year to binge all the new shows then cancel again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I cancelled Netflix about 6 months ago and signed up once for a month to catch up on a few things and that will most likely be what I do moving forward. Subscribed for 1 or 2 months a year to catch the few shows and movies that are worth it. There’s simply not enough good exclusives anymore to justify be subscribed 12 months a year.

I do that with other services also, so basically rotating where I’m subscribed depending on who has something I want to see.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I cancelled it with Cuties and even though I have access to other account I don't watch because it's all trash.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
we cancelled but Verizon ran a deal where you got a year for $25 so in for another year. subbing 1-2 months around Dec is the right move, the only thing I'm watching on netflix right now is old shit like Avatar the Last Airbender (excellent) and weird animes i've never heard of, which is probably on crunchyroll

even on animes they kinda suck, like they have s1 of Demon Slayer but not the movie or s2, or season 1 of One Punch Man but not s2

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

i have no idea how this is supposed to work but i am guessing its gonna be an absolute disaster
yeah I don't think this is going to work out for them the way they want it to without a significant reduction in price.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah I don't think this is going to work out for them the way they want it to without a significant reduction in price.
We do have it and the in-laws use it too. We'll probably cancel the one sub we have when this goes live.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The number of people who share netflix subs instead of just buying one baffles me.

I mean its not like I'm opposed to watching TV for free or something, its not theft or piracy or whatever bullshit they want to call it. Its just cheating on a subscription, who cares.

The thing is, its what, $8? $12? I don't fucking know, its one of those little charges that don't account for a rounding error in the monthly budget.

For that, I'm gonna go through the hassle of calling up some relative and typing in their password, wait no, thats a capital T and an exclamation point, what do you mean it doesnt work? hold on let me check again

Sharing netflix subs. Whats next, lets share our coffee shop cards so we get that 10th free coffee so much sooner! Life hacks!

• 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
For that, I'm gonna go through the hassle of calling up some relative and typing in their password, wait no, thats a capital T and an exclamation point, what do you mean it doesnt work? hold on let me check again

lol most peoples passwords is "password123"

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The number of people who share netflix subs instead of just buying one baffles me.

I mean its not like I'm opposed to watching TV for free or something, its not theft or piracy or whatever bullshit they want to call it. Its just cheating on a subscription, who cares.

The thing is, its what, $8? $12? I don't fucking know, its one of those little charges that don't account for a rounding error in the monthly budget.

Sharing netflix subs. Whats next, lets share our coffee shop cards so we get that 10th free coffee so much sooner! Life hacks!
For me, I cancelled with Cuties so I wont give them money again. My daughter and wife like the trash reality TV shows on Netflix so they use my in-laws account to watch. So that is kinda the why. It isnt the $$, its the "I wont give them the money". I cant force my in-laws to drop them (I tried).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

They add up after a while. I have

Netflix - $15
HBO Max - $15
Paramount Plus - $10
Discovery Plus - $7
Peacock - $10
NFL+ - $10
Hulu - $8

$75/month which is cheaper than cable but not exactly what I hoped for when I cut the cord. Of all of those though, I think Netflix is the one that's not pulling it's weight right now. (Of course NFL plus will get cancelled after the superbowl).

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Every streaming service will watch what happens with this, and if after 6 months if Netflix didnt take too big of a bath expect this to roll out on all streaming services. It's hard to blame em, 100 million watchers not paying is not just oh we could make X dollars, its 100 million people making them pay for infrastructure, servers, data, etc, its probably costing them a fortune. As for it going away because some people cancel cause they cant share it, nah. The brand is too valuable it would be bought by Apple or some other tech giant. I am not convinced they will lose more money in subs then they will save kicking 100 million freeloaders off their platform.

Take the example above, I don't really watch the NFL or Discovery but I do have Starz and Disney+ so its about the same in price. The biggest thing though is there is no ads. Anywhere. It still being cheaper than cable, able to watch on demand and with no ads is still a big draw.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They add up after a while. I have

Netflix - $15
HBO Max - $15
Paramount Plus - $10
Discovery Plus - $7
Peacock - $10
NFL+ - $10
Hulu - $8

$75/month which is cheaper than cable but not exactly what I hoped for when I cut the cord. Of all of those though, I think Netflix is the one that's not pulling it's weight right now. (Of course NFL plus will get cancelled after the superbowl).
You pay $10.00 a month for Peacock? I paid 25.00 for the year when they often offer deals.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every streaming service will watch what happens with this, and if after 6 months if Netflix didnt take too big of a bath expect this to roll out on all streaming services. It's hard to blame em, 100 million watchers not paying is not just oh we could make X dollars, its 100 million people making them pay for infrastructure, servers, data, etc, its probably costing them a fortune. As for it going away because some people cancel cause they cant share it, nah. The brand is too valuable it would be bought by Apple or some other tech giant. I am not convinced they will lose more money in subs then they will save kicking 100 million freeloaders off their platform.

Take the example above, I don't really watch the NFL or Discovery but I do have Starz and Disney+ so its about the same in price. The biggest thing though is there is no ads. Anywhere. It still being cheaper than cable, able to watch on demand and with no ads is still a big draw.
The cat is already out of the bag though. People know the alternative.

Also, the worst recession in generations probably isn't the time to play hard ball. People will just say "fuck your streaming service." Eventually the consumer is going to have to make some tough choices. At the moment they've just been racking up debt at an astronomical rate. Soon that's not going to work anymore and when the choice is food or shelter over Netflix of HBO, well, good luck entertainment.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am getting ready to cancel Hulu. I rarely watch it when I have Netflix, Paramount, Amazon and Peacock. I would actually rather watch HBO Max at this point and catch up on everything I have not watched.