The Netflix Thread

Rime

<Donor>
Any sites that have examples of lists? Browsing Netflix once is already a depressing waste of time, much less switching countries hoping they have an English version of something good...
I have got your back, comrade!

Thisone is useful if you know the specific film/show/whatever you are looking for and want to see if it is available in any other Netflix country, whilethisone will show you what has recently been added in whatever country you are looking for.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have got your back, comrade!

Thisone is useful if you know the specific film/show/whatever you are looking for and want to see if it is available in any other Netflix country, whilethisone will show you what has recently been added in whatever country you are looking for.
Wow, some countries actually have worse additions than the US. But oh shit, Irish Hobbit.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Check out Frankenstein's Army if you like cool horror/gore movies. The movie isn't the best but the creature design is worth watching it for. I just happened to randomly catch it on showtime last night and thought it was highly amusing.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched a really good documentary about Bing Russell (Kurt Russell's father) and the last independently owned and operated baseball that existed which he owned. It's called The Battered Bastards of Baseball and it was a pretty cool story about something I had no idea about.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Watched "Out of the Furnace". Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson. Slow paced but I liked it a lot. Harrelson pulls off inbred mountain hillbilly criminal very well.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Watched "Out of the Furnace". Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson. Slow paced but I liked it a lot. Harrelson pulls off inbred mountain hillbilly criminal very well.
I enjoyed that movie.

Watched The Hunting Party last night, it was entertaining ... much better than expected.

A struggling journalist sets out with a fellow reporter and a cameraman to hunt down Bosnia's most notorious war criminal, known as "The Fox."
CAST:
Richard Gere
Terrence Howard
Jesse Eisenberg

Not sure how many fans are here of Kung Fu Hustle , or the director/star of it , but Stephan Chow made another after CJ7 which was ok but still no Kung Fu Hustle/Shaolin Soccer and so i was expecting this to be another downward spiral after Kung Fu Hustle as i still wish he would make a sequel to it. But he directed thisJourney to the West(2013)so its in the spirit of his films and decent , check it out was a lot more then i expected and generally funny as it has the same comedic style as his other films.Its available for stream with English Subs.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Man, Kung Fu Hustle is one of my all time favorites. I feel kind of dainty even saying this, but that dance number in the beginning kicks all kinds of ass.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
In The Loop was pretty good. It's by the same guy who created The Thick of It and Veep, and features Peter Capaldi swearing up a storm.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not a Steve Carell fan but Seeking a Friend for the End of the World which showed up on netflix is really great.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Just finished watching "Blue Ruin". Probably one of the best revenge films I've seen in recent memory. Give it a shot...

Column_sl

shitlord
Check out Frankenstein's Army if you like cool horror/gore movies. The movie isn't the best but the creature design is worth watching it for. I just happened to randomly catch it on showtime last night and thought it was highly amusing.
This was actually not that bad, I enjoyed it for what it was. A low budget monster movie.
Look like they are setting up a series with the first film.

Column_sl

shitlord
Not sure how many fans are here of Kung Fu Hustle , or the director/star of it , but Stephan Chow made another after CJ7 which was ok but still no Kung Fu Hustle/Shaolin Soccer and so i was expecting this to be another downward spiral after Kung Fu Hustle as i still wish he would make a sequel to it. But he directed thisJourney to the West(2013)so its in the spirit of his films and decent , check it out was a lot more then i expected and generally funny as it has the same comedic style as his other films.Its available for stream with English Subs.
Journey of the West was funny. It's my least favorite of the Chow films tho.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the heads up on Art of the Steal.....There were a lot of LOL moments. Pretty damn good flick.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's not instant, but just watched "Downloaded" (the story of Napster). Documentary style, and even having lived through it there was a fair amount there that I didn't know. It was also great because it gave the RIAA guys absolutely free reign to express their argument... and when given that freedom it showcases just how bankrupt the argument itself is.

Extra bonus... it's from the guy who played Bill from Bill and Teds. Seriously... he fucked off to England for twenty years, but now he's back doing grownup stuff.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Just watched "The Machine" Found it on the Sci Fi list and gave it a shot and thought it was coooooooool. Also watched some strange Viking movie "Escape" and it was ok, both were 'better than expected'

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just got finished watching the Broke 30 for 30 on Netflix. Pretty much exactly what I expected to see but goddamn, fuckin Bernie Kosar. That guy seems like such a broken man. He was sweating and shaking and he looked like he was about to break down into tears. Shit.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didn't find it through netflix but the movie Open Grave was better than I thought.

Don't wanna give away too much, but it was a slightly different take on the genre.

Dude wakes up in an open mass grave with amnesia. He makes it out with help from a silent stranger, and meets up with others who also can't remember what's going on. That's when shit gets real!

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
I didn't find it through netflix but the movie Open Grave was better than I thought...
The critics really shit all over this movie and while I don't think it was a 10 star, I did find it enjoyable. If you like end-of-the-world you should check it out, just know its not an action movie. It has more of a "Lost" feel.