The Netflix Thread

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
"The One I Love", Mark Duplass and Elizabeth Moss with a small role by Ted Danson.

Not at all what I expected. It's tagged as a comedy/drama. I didn't think it was a comedy at all. You can't tell this by the description but it's a sci-fi? Fantasy? Ambiguous.

I liked it either way.
Duplass is on a big string of really good movies. Creep is another one on Netflix that I would recommend but it's definitely in his style so if you don't like that weird, crumbly, indie film story style it might not be a good fit but he did a good job playing a really strange part in Creep. I'd recommend everything that he directs or writes. Guy's a really good writer.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I like duplass, but creep is hot wet garbage. he and his partner made most of the shit up as they went, and the super telegraphed ending is the result.

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
Watched Whiplash on Netflix the other day... i had heard nothing about it and had no expectations, and was blown away at how much i enjoyed the movie.

J.K. Simmons performance was superb. I dont want to give anything away. but the character Simmons played evoked a ton of different emotions in me and i cant say enough about his performance.

Whiplash (2014) - IMDb

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Hey yeah, that's the movie about the perils of car accidents and the long-term injuries they can give people. Surprised you never heard of it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I like duplass, but creep is hot wet garbage. he and his partner made most of the shit up as they went, and the super telegraphed ending is the result.
The One I Love is hot wet garbage too. That shit went so far off the fucking rails.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I liked that one, and not just because I yearn to give Elizabeth Moss a ride on the bone train. I thought it was interesting, the kind of "Twilight-zone-esque" thing you used to see a lot of.

Siliconemelons

watched that movie with Anikan Skywalker and Nick Cage... was actually good - both of their acting was great...till the end part with Cage he kinda cheesed it...but eh- still enjoyable.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Lawless was decent. I feel like I've wanted a lot of grunting Tom Hardy movies lately.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
+ 1 for these final hours.

spoiler:

That scene where he leaves the girl and drives away. Holy shit was i happy to be watching this alone, nuff said.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Will third or fourth "These Final Hours". Much better then I expected. Sort of an "On the Beach" but modernized.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, These Final Hours wasn't bad.

I'd seen it on the list and been avoiding it because I kinda figured it was gonna be exactly what it was but not done as well. It really is a well done version of exactly what you think it's gonna be.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
+1 on Timelapse. I enjoyed it actually.
Don't mess with anything involving time this movie is yet another good demonstration of why that is a pathway to madness.

And yes its a really interesting concept and a good movie but seriously if you are thinking of making a time machine or something that looks through time DON'T.