The Newsroom S2

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Really feels like everyone wanted to give this show an Emmy because it's overall message is important--but the show is powerfully mediocre (Which still means it's far better than network TV), which translates into it being somewhat bad against the backdrop of the "Golden Age" shows on right now (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Board Walk, GoT ect ect--long list.)....So they decided to take the best part of the show, Daniels, and give him a win--because it was the least offensive win they could give. (I understand there isn't some hive mind :p just saying what it feels like.)

I think Daniels is probably the only saving grace of this show--but lets be honest, John Hamm, Cranston and Spacey were all vastly superior performances. (At least up to Episode 6--maybe Daniels will surprise me in the last few Episodes, but I doubt it. He's good, but he's really being hampered by dialogue and juvenile takes on romance and anger.)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
(from an european PoV)

I really think McAvoy character is well written and Jeff Daniels is awesome in the role of that bored-cable-news-celebrity-republican-anchorman-but-not-really. Granted the series finale's last 10 minutes was cheesy and I also know I'd have a very different opinion if I was a US resident.

On the other hand, about the 2013 Emmy Awards, about Spacey getting nothing (his acting on House of Cards was stellar) and since both Cranston / Hamm already got their Emmy, in my opinion it would have been felt right they either give the Emmy to either Daniels / Spacey. To me Spacey was slightly superior on his depiction of Frank Underwood, both a political shark and a sociopath. But since they gave it to Daniels, I'm a happy panda. Though would have loved seeing House of Cards getting any major Emmy, rather than having a Best Director (technical) one.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Well considering the emys created a special category for netflix shows, dont expect a whole lot.

Column_sl

shitlord
I loved this show, but was really let down by the season ending 2 parter.

It just seem so cliche, in a romcom type of way.
Felt like he could have done something interesting there, and Sorkin phoned in the ending..

That being said, I'll watch anything Sorkin puts out. The guy writes amazing monologues for actors, and really lets them shine.
I'ts almost like watching a stage play.