The Night Manager

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Night Manager

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2016-02-21

Creator: David Farr

Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, Olivia Colman, Tom Hollander, Elizabeth Debicki, Douglas Hodge, Antonio de la Torre, David Harewood, Tobias Menzies, Adeel Akhtar, Aure Atika, Hovik Keuchkerian, Natasha Little, Michael Nardone, Alistair Petrie, Russell Tovey, Neil Morrissey, Jonathan Aris, Katherine Kelly, Nancy Baldwin

Overview: Former British soldier Jonathan Pine navigates the shadowy recesses of Whitehall and Washington where an unholy alliance operates between the intelligence community and the secret arms trade. To infiltrate the inner circle of lethal arms dealer Richard Onslow Roper, Pine must himself become a criminal.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 142236[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Night Manager[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-02-21[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Former British soldier Jonathan Pine navigates the shadowy recesses of Whitehall and Washington where an unholy alliance operates between the intelligence community and the secret arms trade. To infiltrate the inner circle of lethal arms dealer Richard Onslow Roper, Pine must himself become a criminal.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

AMC Announces Mini-Series The Night Manager Starring Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston AMC

This just finished its run on the BBC and has received a lot of attention in the UK. I'm two episodes in so far.

Starts on AMC in April

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Funnily enough this (and programs like Line of Duty) was so good that the commercial networks complained about it, leading to a UK government report which proposes in future that the BBC should only make "less popular" programs to avoid damaging advertising revenue.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Funnily enough this (and programs like Line of Duty) was so good that the commercial networks complained about it, leading to a UK government report which proposes in future that the BBC should only make "less popular" programs to avoid damaging advertising revenue.
I'm not sure how accurate that is, that suggestion I think was mainly focused on Saturday night evening TV, specifically the BBC's "Dancing with the Stars" equivalent going head to head with X-FactorStrictly Come Dancing is admirable, John Whittingdale says - BBC News

The point is that the BBC is publically funded, everyone in the UK has to pay for a "TV license" if they watch live TV. This funds the BBC. The Tory party being a Centre-Right party have a fixation with privatising everything and probably won't be happy until the BBC is privatised or neutered so badly that it cannot compete with the private channels.

John Whittingdale: abolishing the BBC is a

Gary Lineker: John Whittingdale is a chump over BBC demise joke | Media | The Guardian

John Whittingdale interview: I am not going to war with the BBC - Telegraph

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure how accurate that is, that suggestion I think was mainly focused on Saturday night evening TV, specifically the BBC's "Dancing with the Stars" equivalent going head to head with X-FactorStrictly Come Dancing is admirable, John Whittingdale says - BBC News

The point is that the BBC is publically funded, everyone in the UK has to pay for a "TV license" if they watch live TV. This funds the BBC. The Tory party being a Centre-Right party have a fixation with privatising everything and probably won't be happy until the BBC is privatised or neutered so badly that it cannot compete with the private channels.

The original complaints were about the "light entertainment" clashes, but the submissions that ITV made to the government went on to complain about dramas clashing as well. It's a fundamental argument that commercial channels would make more money (obviously) if they didn't have to compete for viewers against a public-funded rival, although the simple counter is that if they made more things that were worth watching it wouldn't be a problem.

BBC's 'intensely competitive' scheduling damaging our dramas, ITV says - Telegraph

Szlia

Late to the party, but I saw this between yesterday and today. I think the pleasant thing in these Le Carré stories is that they show a spy game that is about people not gadgets. The cast works very well throughout, but I must say the plot is not without flaws and we even get get an ending that suffers from The Eraser syndrome.
The Eraser is a Schwarzenegger vehicle. The whole plot of the movie is about protecting a witness in order to bring some guy to trial. At the end of the movie they finally manage to do that and then Schwarzenegger switch place with the guy's driver as he leaves the courthouse after the first hearing or something, lock the guy in the car and stop it in front of an incoming freight train... So what was the movie about then? Might as well kill the guy in the first ten minutes and be done with it... The same logic almost applies to The Night Manager.[/SPOILERS]

TV show information provided by The Movie Database