The Official Guitar Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sweetwater rep I always use sent an email saying a industry wide price increase on a lot of brands is coming in the next few weeks. He sends these to me once and awhile so not sure if this a standard email everyone gets or what not but passing it along here in case you are on the fence on something

America getting back to work!

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sweetwater rep I always use sent an email saying a industry wide price increase on a lot of brands is coming in the next few weeks. He sends these to me once and awhile so not sure if this a standard email everyone gets or what not but passing it along here in case you are on the fence on something
I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner, a year of record sales and we're in a period of massive inflation. I wish I could order a Kiesel right now before the hike.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Had watched a few new guitars on reverb. Got offers of less on 3 of them over the week. Paid for them only to get a message later they didn't have the guitar. All refunded, just found it odd they all managed to sell that one guitar in store. All 3 at high volume sellers.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

jebus ... Gotta start planning/saving for a trip

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wow Fort Wayne of all places. Middle of nowhere. Cincinnati is one of the closest cities and that's a three hour drive.

Borzak

Just over an acre. They do a lot with 1 acre, looked larger.

Last edited:

Borzak

Squire contempary on the right is new. Not bad. It was cheap and super super light. Weighing in at just over 6 pounds. Plus has a belly cut on the back which helps me. 12" radius on the fretboard is different from what I normally play. It came almost right in tune. I have some black locking tuners I'll probably replace these with soon. Not bad, plays pretty good for super cheap. Cleans up pretty well as well when needed. Not a fan of the white headstock but really doesn't matter. Just something to play at the house. It's white pearl or white pearl metalflake I think. Put the feeler guage to it realy quick, it came right on string height and string heaight at the nut. Surprising for a cheap guitar.

Guitars2.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Played it all night. Man for a $400 guitar I like it a LOT. The fret ends are even really good. I've never even picked up a squire. This one is cheaper than the classic vibe by a little. Weighed it, 6 pounds 10 ounces which the weight was the biggest factor, kind left out Les Pauls. Fender/Squire with humbuckers and a metal finish. Ok then....

Pic sucks, in the bright light at angles it's really visible. M phone sucks taking a pic of it and it's kind of dark in here. It's white with metalflake but at certain angles it gets a darker tint.

finish2.jpg

Last edited:

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
The 'budget' brands have really upped their game recently, the Epiphone and Squier guitars are fantastic value for money right now.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like the precision of CNC routers and everything else involved it's damn near perfect every time now. Kinda curious how many human hands actually touch a mass produced guitar at this point now. Maybe some of the assembly of electronics and putting the guitar together? I'd be surprised if any did the sanding, frets or leveling or anything like that.

Last edited:

Moebiwan

shitlord
Seems like the precision of CNC routers and everything else involved it's damn near perfect every time now. Kinda curious how many human hands actually touch a mass produced guitar at this point now. Maybe some of the assembly of electronics and putting the guitar together? I'd be surprised if any did the sanding, frets or leveling or anything like that.

This video is several years old but probably still how they do it.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I picked up a guitar in October. First instrument ever. The guitar was $419 new and the amp was $275 used (CAD). The quality of sound for $700 is absurd.

I'm a lefty so options are limited in stores so I haven't really had any chance to play anything "expensive". The inside where the claw portion of the floyd knockoff sits is poorly routed, and the claw screws aren't complete straight into the body of the guitar, but it's cosmetic only in a place you don't see it. Everything else is really well made. The frets are smooth as silk and it plays like a beast.

DSC_0535.JPG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The quality/price disparity of an Epiphone vs. Gibson 335 is down right stupid. Epiphone wins that battle handily. Gibson is on borrowed time and living off their legacy with their "premium" line. The only decent Les Pauls right now are 4K and up, and to get a entry level 335 you are looking at min 3k.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The quality/price disparity of an Epiphone vs. Gibson 335 is down right stupid. Epiphone wins that battle handily. Gibson is on borrowed time and living off their legacy with their "premium" line. The only decent Les Pauls right now are 4K and up, and to get a entry level 335 you are looking at min 3k.

Why I'm looking at getting an Eastman 335 copy.