The Official Guitar Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a line 6 G10s that I used for awhile but after mutliple weird firmware issues(one of which could cause a fire to break out) I sorta gave up on using it. So not a recomendation but a warning to avoid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Thing must weigh a ton. Him and Al Di Meola had a sit down a week or two ago that was also a fun listen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Thing must weigh a ton. Him and Al Di Meola had a sit down a week or two ago that was also a fun listen.

Honestly, the song fucking sucks and is completely forgettable. If it was some rando YouTuber riffing no one would give a shit, and the only reason it's on anyone's radar at all is Steve Vai wankery.

So, basically, it's the most Steve Vai thing ever created.

• 3Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's certainly no masterpiece but it does show off it's potential. I'm hoping he sticks with it and incorporates some loop pedal(s) type stuff in the future.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
If Steve Vai wants to impress me at this point, he'd have to play Mary Had a Little Lamb on a six string.

• 3Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Never got into the MIDI guitar thing but have to admit, this is the coolest one I've come across. Still not sure I'd want to drop that kind of cash on one.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Never been a Steve Vai fan, but he does have technical chops. Saw this video a few weeks ago and at first thought it was some sort of spinal tap joke.

But Steve somehow managed to make this work. Thought it was kind of cool actually. Very Steve Vai though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I know people have asked about interfaces in the past but for $500, this thing is pretty badass and just on another level for price per input.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Polyphia does some wild stuff.
I’ve been on a serious polyphia bender recently, which is crazy because it’s not something I would expect to like. They’re playing Philly in august which I may have to go to

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I’ve been on a serious polyphia bender recently, which is crazy because it’s not something I would expect to like. They’re playing Philly in august which I may have to go to
Even if you aren’t into the music you have to respect the skills.
I haven’t been to anything live in 5+ years. Kids, Covid, my friends in the area listen to different stuff.
I had tickets for Devin Townsend that was a Covid cancel, then missed Leprous earlier this year. Wohn wohn

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I went and saw Symphony X with Haken this past weekend. Haken crushed it.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Even if you aren’t into the music you have to respect the skills.
I haven’t been to anything live in 5+ years. Kids, Covid, my friends in the area listen to different stuff.
I had tickets for Devin Townsend that was a Covid cancel, then missed Leprous earlier this year. Wohn wohn
I just bought tickets. I went to see Goose and Spoon at the same venue in Philly earlier this year, and both absolutely killed it. Going to see Goose again at Radio City Music Hall with some old college buds, which will be my first time ever going there (at my age, that's saying something, lol)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Covid really stopped my seeing bands live. Hoping to get out to see some stuff sooner then later. Really want a new phish show which will make it I’ve been seeing them live for 3 decades, fuck I’m old

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just bought tickets. I went to see Goose and Spoon at the same venue in Philly earlier this year, and both absolutely killed it. Going to see Goose again at Radio City Music Hall with some old college buds, which will be my first time ever going there (at my age, that's saying something, lol)

You like Goose? I have a bunch of friends way into them and I just can't get into it. Seen them a couple times and I don't get the hype in the scene.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I watched there sweetwater 420 set not long ago, I remembered them being quite a bit better a few years ago. Maybe if was just an off night for them.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
You like Goose? I have a bunch of friends way into them and I just can't get into it. Seen them a couple times and I don't get the hype in the scene.
Love them. It was an especially great show because the next time they play Philly, it's going to be in a much larger venue