The Official Guitar Thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
As someone who spends a retarded amount of time playing Slayer, the only thing I have to say to that is...what a fucking bizarre tuning to pull that off the way he played it.

Seventh

Golden Squire
So I picked up one of these.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Shitload better than the old Sterling stuff - $600 and the thing plays almost as well as my actual EBMM JP7. Trem stability is fantastic, locking tuners work great and the only thing it's really missing is a compensated nut. The stock pickups aren't too bad, but I yanked 'em anyway and slapped in a set of Blazes.

Pretty solid fiddle for anyone looking to get a decent inexpensive seven without breaking the bank.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Longshot here but does anyone own or played a guitar with a b-bender on it? Slim chance since it doesn't fit the music style of most here. I'm really wanting one but I don't know anyone who has one. Fender sells a factory tele with one but I've never seen one in the store.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Shitload better than the old Sterling stuff - $600 and the thing plays almost as well as my actual EBMM JP7. Trem stability is fantastic, locking tuners work great and the only thing it's really missing is a compensated nut. The stock pickups aren't too bad, but I yanked 'em anyway and slapped in a set of Blazes.

Pretty solid fiddle for anyone looking to get a decent inexpensive seven without breaking the bank.
Yeah, I was looking for one awhile ago when I started playing a lot of shit in B and just figured I might as well get something without 8 inches of slack in the strings. Played the low end Schecter 7 at the music shop and was pretty disappointed, thing felt terrible.

I see now why you're a gear snob. That ESP LTD has fucking ruined me on all other guitars.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Longshot here but does anyone own or played a guitar with a b-bender on it? Slim chance since it doesn't fit the music style of most here. I'm really wanting one but I don't know anyone who has one. Fender sells a factory tele with one but I've never seen one in the store.
I've used it before and I like it. I only toyed around with it in a guitar shop though so my experience is very limited. I have a friend who owns one and it's his main guitar now if that's any consolation.

Borzak

I think instead of ordering one I'm going to keep my eye open and see if one shows up at a music store when I am traveling or something. Not sure I want to drop $1600 on a guitar without having picked up one like it.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, was at the Mall (only one around here with a music shop) this weekend and they had probably 60% of the guitars they normally have.

No deals yet though, everything was still pretty much full price.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Apparently they carry some decent pedals and things according to that thread. May go over there and see if they have any stuff like that on sale. Not in the market for a new guitar.

Borzak

I looked on the BB website and they do have some decent guitars. Too bad I can't walk into one here and buy a new Fender Telecaster American Standard for 60% off. I did buy my pod there but that was about all they had on the musical shelf a few years ago.

Borzak

Apparently they carry some decent pedals and things according to that thread. May go over there and see if they have any stuff like that on sale. Not in the market for a new guitar.
Me either, but I carry a pick in my wallet "just in case" lol.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Every guitarist should carry a pick in their wallet. I thought that was common practice.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I picked up one of these.

Where did you pick it up? Can't seem to find these anywhere still, just a few of the expensive EBMMs at guitar center and the local shop doesn't carry. Amazon has a ton of the 6 strings but few 7s (and not prime!)

Seventh

Golden Squire
Where did you pick it up? Can't seem to find these anywhere still, just a few of the expensive EBMMs at guitar center and the local shop doesn't carry. Amazon has a ton of the 6 strings but few 7s (and not prime!)
My buddy Eric (who lives locally) is a dealer. He actually had a customer back out on their order and I'd wanted to check one out for a while, so I just ended up buying it.

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/...en-string.html

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My buddy Eric (who lives locally) is a dealer. He actually had a customer back out on their order and I'd wanted to check one out for a while, so I just ended up buying it.

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/...en-string.html
Hmmmm, may consider it. Not sure how I'd feel about ordering without ever having tried it though. I haven't taken too well to most 7 string necks I've tried so far.
frown.png

Dying for a 7 with passive pickups and that green is a killer finish. Those are passives right?

frown.png