The Pope's Exorcist (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
3.25 star(s) Rating: 3.25/5 4 Votes
Title: The Pope's Exorcist (2023)

Tagline: Inspired by the actual files of the Vatican's chief exorcist.

Genre: Horror, Mystery

Director: Julius Avery

Cast: Russell Crowe, Alex Essoe, Daniel Zovatto, Franco Nero, Laurel Marsden, Cornell John

Release: 2023-04-05

Plot: Father Gabriele Amorth, Chief Exorcist of the Vatican, investigates a young boy's terrifying possession and ends up uncovering a centuries-old conspiracy the Vatican has desperately tried to keep hidden.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Calling bullshit on the "Actually happened aspect" as the way they are showing it in this movie. That being said, it looks pretty good as a fun horror flick. I like Russel Crowe In most of what he has done.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Calling bullshit on the "Actually happened aspect" as the way they are showing it in this movie. That being said, it looks pretty good as a fun horror flick. I like Russel Crowe In most of what he has done.
guarantee you did not like this
f73de0391683bf1a701886384f20bfec.jpg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Has anyone watched this? I didnt even know about it till I saw it pop up on a pirating site while looking for something else. This type of horror flick is right up my alley and I think Crowe is a phenomenal actor. Did it even come out in the Theatre? Just havent really seen anything about it.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone watched this? I didnt even know about it till I saw it pop up on a pirating site while looking for something else. This type of horror flick is right up my alley and I think Crowe is a phenomenal actor. Did it even come out in the Theatre? Just havent really seen anything about it.
Comes out this week

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Out now. It's a pass from me until I hear some positive word of mouth.

His accent sounds atrocious.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Watched it, this was garbage tier....don't bother

Fucker

Log Wizard
Watched it, this was garbage tier....don't bother
It is as if they ran out of money after filiming the first 24 minutes, then they started winging it. In days past, this movie would have been direct to vhs.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Knew from the trailer alone that there was something off about it. The accent seemed overly obnoxious in an "Award-winning" way. Just an overdone character, and up it's own ass.

Then to hear there is bigger problems. Dodged a bullet, thanks boys.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's sort of the Russel Crowe expectation. I see his name I already know what it is. He's been in so many big budget flops portraying an "Award-winning" character, that when I see his latest I discount it based on that alone. He hasn't really done anything that's been must-watch in 20 years.

Juvarisx

Florida
That's sort of the Russel Crowe expectation. I see his name I already know what it is. He's been in so many big budget flops portraying an "Award-winning" character, that when I see his latest I discount it based on that alone. He hasn't really done anything that's been must-watch in 20 years.

The Nice Guys, but really you watch that for Ryan Gosling and a tight Shane Black script.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Bullshit!! Master and Commander was great and that was like 10 year...shit. Well, 3:10 to Yuma was pretty good and that was 10 years....son of a bitch!

While not a "must-watch," The Greatest Beer Run Ever was decent, if not a little slow in parts. From what I have read, they did a good job following the book/account and I didn't notice any glaring historical fuckups.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database