The Power

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Power

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2023-03-30

Creator: Naomi Alderman

Cast: Toni Collette, John Leguizamo, Auli'i Cravalho, Toheeb Jimoh, Ria Zmitrowicz, Zrinka Cvitešić, Halle Bush, Heather Agyepong, Nico Hiraga, Eddie Marsan, Daniela Vega, Josh Charles

Overview: The world of The Power is our world, but for one twist of nature. Suddenly teenage girls develop the power to electrocute people at will. Following remarkable characters from London to Seattle, Nigeria to Eastern Europe, the Power evolves from a tingle in teenagers’ collarbones to a complete reversal of power balance.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
YAAAS KWEEN SLAAAAAAAY

b065e2a9a5f32a59808c35bcf67be6c3.jpg

Looks like hot garbage. only interesting part of the trailer and concept is the internment camps.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

what was stopping teenage girls from picking up guns and becoming giant narcissist's with no sense of responsibility, or ethics and murdering people before?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
what was stopping teenage girls from picking up guns and becoming giant narcissist's with no sense of responsibility, or ethics and murdering people before?

Conversely what the fuck is stopping anyone from picking up a gun and shooting these cunts. Or shit, if it's 1v1 just knock them out with one punch.

Goatface

found this so nutty had to share

spoilers

this is a based on a novel about a guy writing a fictional history, from the wiki

In a matriarchal society, a gushing male writer writes to an influential author about his fictional account of how the matriarchy came to be. Five thousand years earlier (in our current time), men dominated society, until stories began to emerge of women who possessed an electrical power used first for self-defense, and eventually to attack, torture, even kill.
Allie Montgomery-Taylor is a young girl who uses her power to kill her abusive foster father. She retreats to a convent where she becomes a religious figure named Mother Eve.
Tatiana Moskalev is the former first lady of Moldova. After killing her husband, she takes over the role of president and reconstitutes Moldova as a matriarchal country called Bessapara.
Tatiana begins to behave erratically, leading mass killings of men.
Allie kills Tatiana and decides to take the world back to the Stone Age to reset its growth and structures based on women's powers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is stupid, but could have maybe been a good premise if it was just an X-men ripoff but only girls had the X-gene for the first generation. The fact that they all have the same power makes it super lame.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
found this so nutty had to share

spoilers

this is a based on a novel about a guy writing a fictional history, from the wiki

Allie Montgomery-Taylor is a young girl who uses her power to kill her abusive foster father. She retreats to a convent where she becomes a religious figure named Mother Eve.
Tatiana Moskalev is the former first lady of Moldova. After killing her husband, she takes over the role of president and reconstitutes Moldova as a matriarchal country called Bessapara.
Tatiana begins to behave erratically, leading mass killings of men.
Allie kills Tatiana and decides to take the world back to the Stone Age to reset its growth and structures based on women's powers.
How the fuck does someones tumblr tier femdom erotica get made into a tv show?

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
I actually watched all 3 episodes.
Let me break it down for you and save you a ton of time.

This is the MOST woke shit I've seen yet. Teen girls gain the power to fry people and shit with a new organ developed off the heart impulses of what is essentially the body pacemaker. They developed this as evolution for being inferior to men. Men bad. Very bad. First guy cooked was a pedo Christian grandpa. Then we run into a nun school of exiled nuns taking care of these girls. The nuns were exiled because get this- One of the nuns was a man tranny who id'd as a female.
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!
Finally it ends with the mayor of Seattle giving a speech about about how male politicians are the devil and been telling girls they can't have abortions or become trannies and shit and these special guy frying bitches need saving.

This is only Episode 3.
Proceed if you either love to fuck dudes in the ass, or just want to be raged before going on a rampart killing spree.

Enjoy~!

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Jesus, Dude. You're embarassing yourself
How? You the one licking ass.
You seem mad I gave this show a 5/5 fags saving other sane people from watching it, but you over there all pissed. You got a thing for the tranny nun maybe?
When it comes to you, there ain't a goddamn thing I could ever do to embarrass myself, except maybe misspell embarrass.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How? You the one licking ass.
You seem mad I gave this show a 5/5 fags saving other sane people from watching it, but you over there all pissed. You got a thing for the tranny nun maybe?
When it comes to you, there ain't a goddamn thing I could ever do to embarrass myself, except maybe misspell embarrass.

Not sure what's sadder, you thinking that calling someone an ass licker over and over does anything than make you look retarded. Like, are you actually sitting there thinking "lol I GOT THAT GUY GOOD" and it somehow makes you look good?

Or that me joking that you're a fag for watching a super woke show for teenage girls broke your brain and sent it back to 4th grade which is the oldest someone could possibly be without being embarrassed by your tantrum.

I await another sick burn on ass licking

TV show information provided by The Movie Database