The progressive rock thread

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

Seems like the new album is gonna be about the Holocene in general. Lyrics are great as always.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The Ocean's Heliocentric is one of my top 25 favorite albums ever (despite me being a Christian lol...) but pretty much all their other stuff is kinda "meh" to me. They always have good vibes and a good atmosphere, but Heliocentric is the only album where the SONGWRITING impresses me.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda funny that, seeing as how most people think it’s their weakest album (though weak by their standards is still IMO quite strong by most other bands.)

Pelagic (as an entire album) and Hadopelagic II (as a song) are probably my favorites, though Statherian, Ptolemy Was Wrong, Roots and Locusts, Eternal Recurrence, and Triassic are up there.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda funny that, seeing as how most people think it’s their weakest album (though weak by their standards is still IMO quite strong by most other bands.)

Pelagic (as an entire album) and Hadopelagic II (as a song) are probably my favorites, though Statherian, Ptolemy Was Wrong, Roots and Locusts, Eternal Recurrence, and Triassic are up there.
Their sound was really different on that album, so it makes sense that the long time fans wouldn't like it. Was the first album with the new singer too, right?

But yeah idk. Heliocentric sounds an album Tool would've made if they hadn't gotten so pretentious. Mostly progressive but tight compositions. My favorite sort of music.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
New Haken album dropped yesterday. I dug it on first listen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Seems like the new album is gonna be about the Holocene in general. Lyrics are great as always.
I've been listening to these guys a lot recently. They came up in my playlists before this album, but this one eased me into them the most. However when I finally gave Precambrian, Pelagial and Phanerozoic a true listen I was absolutely blown away. Some of my favorite songs from these albums

Really dig those signature transitions, like 6:38 on Rhyacian, 7:00 on Nacent and 5:40 for Dermersal... Metal as fuck

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I've been listening to these guys a lot recently. They came up in my playlists before this album, but this one eased me into them the most. However when I finally gave Precambrian, Pelagial and Phanerozoic a true listen I was absolutely blown away. Some of my favorite songs from these albums

Really dig those signature transitions, like 6:38 on Rhyacian, 7:00 on Nacent and 5:40 for Dermersal... Metal as fuck

Check out Isla del Sol from Fluxion and Roots & Locusts from Anthropocentric!