The Quarry - Until Dawn Creator Supermassive games. Out Friday 6-10

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I was a huge fan of Until Dawn, and subsequently one of my first experiences with VR was with PSVR and Rush of Blood.

So far, it is getting some pretty good reviews.

"As the sun sets on the last day of summer camp, the counselors of Hackett’s Quarry throw a party to celebrate. Things quickly take a turn for the worse.
Hunted by blood-drenched locals and something far more sinister, the teens' party plans unravel into an unpredictable night of horror.
Play as each of the nine counselors in a thrilling cinematic tale, where every decision shapes your story."

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was a huge fan of Until Dawn, and subsequently one of my first experiences with VR was with PSVR and Rush of Blood.

So far, it is getting some pretty good reviews.

"As the sun sets on the last day of summer camp, the counselors of Hackett’s Quarry throw a party to celebrate. Things quickly take a turn for the worse.
Hunted by blood-drenched locals and something far more sinister, the teens' party plans unravel into an unpredictable night of horror.
Play as each of the nine counselors in a thrilling cinematic tale, where every decision shapes your story."

It's like the watched the season highlighted below and decided to make a game around it in their own flavor.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I expect the $70 next-gen faggotry from Playstation, but I thought MS said that publishers would be required to use Smart Delivery on Xbox? It's $70 for Series X too. Buying it anyway because I have MS money expiring in early July before anything else comes out and $10 of it was some promo that I randomly won, but still... between this and how they handled the GTA5 re-re-release 2K is the fucking worst.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Also, it's supposedly not a global release for consoles, so switching Xbox region to NZ should unlock the game at 7AM EDT tomorrow. Not sure about the PC release and VPNs, I stopped paying attention as soon as I saw it was infected with Denuvo on Steam.

• 1Truth!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I got this for my loves_horror_but_isnt_a_gamer fiance. The movie mode sounds like an ideal situation to let them explore the cool interactive nature of the piece without getting angry at the camera controls. (tried the Evil Dead game and spent most of the time either moving the camera or their character....never both at the same time)

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I have never played any of these games but love watching people play them on Twitch. These strike me as games that are just as fun to watch someone else play vs playing yourself. Am I wrong and they are a lot of fun to play yourself?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have never played any of these games but love watching people play them on Twitch. These strike me as games that are just as fun to watch someone else play vs playing yourself. Am I wrong and they are a lot of fun to play yourself?

Definitely fun playing by yourself. Headphones, dark room, horror game, etc. Aside from all that there are better ways now to play as a spectator in multiplayer with up to 8 people helping you decide what to do, and couch coop too.

Until Dawn was one of my favorites. Soma will always be the best up to this point though. Soma > Until Dawn > Blood Rush. I still need to give the men of medan series an honest effort.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
some streamers are already playing on twitch

i think i've watched all the games on YT/twitch, i tried playing until dawn but i get pissed when i make bad choices (you don't really know until way later) while its funny to watch a streamer fuck up

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so - looks like multiplayer isn't in at launch and will be NEXT MONTH? That is shady as shit. (PC at least from reading steam reviews - that's shady as suck if that's across all platforms.

Steam reviews are looking pretty pissed - some thought it was free to play - fucking morons. But others appear to have real gripes, mainly with no multiplayer at launch, gorefest being only in deluxe, and multiplayer next month which is a real gripe.

2K is a fucking horrid publisher because we know where the blame lies.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How would you make this game multiplayer? It's basically just an FMV game...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
How would you make this game multiplayer? It's basically just an FMV game...

In couch coop you can play different characters and make decisions:

A: Yes! The Quarry offers multiple ways for you to experience the fright with friends. You can play the game solo, or with up to seven other companions in local couch co-op with each player controlling a counselor's actions. In addition, The Quarry features an exciting online mode* where you and your friends can watch along and vote on key decisions, creating a story shaped by the whole group!

Console players: Note that online multiplayer is only supported across the same PlayStation/Xbox generations (PS4 to PS4, PS5 to PS5, Xbox One to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S to Xbox Series X|S). If you buy the Deluxe Edition you'll have access to both previous- and new-generation versions of the game (within the same console family) and can choose which one to launch in order to play with friends.

*Online multiplayer functionality will be available post-launch on or by July 8, 2022.

Jozu

If done right, a multiplayer cinematic "experience" with qte elememts along with a small dose of randomized encounters would be amazing. Imaine getting to "play" your favorite movie instead of simply watching it.

• 1Like

Vorph

Vorph Vorph did you end up getting this?
Yeah, just haven't had as much time to play as I hoped, even with the NZ trick on Thurs. It's good so far, though I'm not sure I'd recommend it at $70 to anyone who wasn't a huge fan of Until Dawn.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I've been watching DolphinChemist's run on Twitch. The diologue and delivery are better than 99% of movies in the last decade. If you liked Until Dawn then you're going to like this.