The Raft

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Fun little entry in the survival/crafting genre. Just went into early access like a week ago so who knows how long it will be in development, think it took me 7 hours to get through all the content so far? So it's a little light. If this were a released game I'd say it's not really worth the money but I enjoyed what there is quite a bit and I'm sure it will be fleshed out quite a bit more. Even if you're leery of pulling the trigger, it's worth keeping an eye on if you're a fan of the genre.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Already played this on my SNES ;)

fish.jpg

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah but Illusion of Gaia doesn't let you build a floating metropolis.

• 1Worf

Rockstar

Trakanon Raider
I'll echo that it's not worth money yet.

Took about eight hours for me to finish as well.

Has potential to be fun if there were more content.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
> Early Access
> Survival
> Crafting

Nah.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll echo that it's not worth money yet.

Took about eight hours for me to finish as well.

Has potential to be fun if there were more content.

My only stumbling block with the content that exists was one specific crafting mat that I couldn't figure out. Subnautica and 7D2D taught me the 'try to harvest everything' mindset for these games, but there was one major thing I couldn't figure out without googling it. I think the name should be changed to make it slightly more intuitive, wouldn't have to be a dead giveaway.

Fucking vine goo. Had absolutely no idea that you're just supposed to stick seaweed in a smelter because that wouldn't turn plant matter into goo, it would just bake/char it. Was actually expecting it to be something I had to harvest from an island, but atm the only unique things on islands are some non-renewable food sources and flowers to make colored paint.

So yeah pretty sure this is the equivalent of a fairly early alpha, which means they can still add plenty to the game to fatten it up a bit. I'm choosing to be optimistic despite having never heard of this studio before lol

Nija

<Silver Donator>
BUMP.

Is this any good? Looking for something to play with the kids coop.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
BUMP.

Its a pretty decent game for co-op. There's plenty of busy work for everyone to do, a shark to fight off randomly, and some islands to explore. If you can get it for a reasonable price it should keep you guys occupied for a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
BUMP.

If you're playing with kids and they aren't the powergamer/look up a walkthrough type, you should get a LOT of hours out of this. Especially if they like building and spend a lot of time tinkering with the raft instead of just a utilitarian approach.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
There's a new early access game "forever skies" I believe. It's real early access but seems to be a hybrid of subnautica base and vehicles, and rafts meta of collecting debris and islands to perpetuate.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, had a lot of fun with this, was nice that it could be more than 4 players too iirc.

Forever Skies feels similar, yeah. Single player for now but will be co-op in the future, you're in an airship rather than a raft and vastly different art style.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I had fun with this for a little bit, puzzles tend to annoy me, but the ones in Raft were ok.

Got boring real fast once I completed it all and had a massive harvesting ship, but typical of any survival game once you master it I suppose.

Be great if they added more ocean threats as you progress, shark turns into a chump pretty fast. Some kind of Waterworld overhaul mod would be fun, I basically felt like Kevin Costner most of the game.