The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Likely to edit gore, as usual.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Cameron mitchell was the guy I was trying to think off, when discussing bruce willis. Just cut from my brain, till they brought him up in this one again.

I don't get it, that they can shit on willis, but just totally overlook and be fans of guys like Mitchell who did the same damn thing. Take 50+ of a films budget to show up drunk sit at a desk, not learn his lines, and do all the shots in one take in one room. Assuming he even bothered to show up ,and not just film at his own house.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
As someone in the boys' age range, living in the southern Milwaukee suburbs, I was surprised I had never run into any of them in the wild...

... until this morning at the local grocery store, where I saw Mike (I swear to God) walk into the liquor department while checking his paper shopping list. (He was indeed wearing the same ASICS from the above Picard video.)

He clearly saw me recognize him but didn't react, so I didn't annoy him. (I've never been enough of a stalker to figure out where the studio is, but given that everything was durable goods, I imagine he was making an office kitchen run on his way in.)

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As someone in the boys' age range, living in the southern Milwaukee suburbs, I was surprised I had never run into any of them in the wild...

... until this morning at the local grocery store, where I saw Mike (I swear to God) walk into the liquor department while checking his paper shopping list. (He was indeed wearing the same ASICS from the above Picard video.)

He clearly saw me recognize him but didn't react, so I didn't annoy him. (I've never been enough of a stalker to figure out where the studio is, but given that everything was durable goods, I imagine he was making an office kitchen run on his way in.)
its always awkward when you run into somebody famous out in the wild. its even more awkward when you do run into somebody famous and you dont even know it. a long time ago i was standing in the line for beer behind some big black dude at a Yankees game. no idea who he was my, friends saw me and were waving at me like crazy, i thought they were just anxious for their beers. when i got back to them, one said, why didnt you say hi to that guy. i was like, who? that big black dude. they said yeah thats Walt Frazer! no idea who that was, so i said oh yeah, oh well. he's some famous guy for the Knicks or something. i have met other famous people and my reaction is usualy just a thumbs up or a head nod. i dont want to be "that guy" who jizzes themselves over a celebrity. now i probably wouldnt even acknowledge them. after covid and the last two elections, i pretty much despise most of these people.

Fadaar

That guy
its always awkward when you run into somebody famous out in the wild. its even more awkward when you do run into somebody famous and you dont even know it. a long time ago i was standing in the line for beer behind some big black dude at a Yankees game. no idea who he was my, friends saw me and were waving at me like crazy, i thought they were just anxious for their beers. when i got back to them, one said, why didnt you say hi to that guy. i was like, who? that big black dude. they said yeah thats Walt Frazer! no idea who that was, so i said oh yeah, oh well. he's some famous guy for the Knicks or something. i have met other famous people and my reaction is usualy just a thumbs up or a head nod. i dont want to be "that guy" who jizzes themselves over a celebrity. now i probably wouldnt even acknowledge them. after covid and the last two elections, i pretty much despise most of these people.

Long ass time ago, like late 90's, The Big Show was sitting a few rows behind my dad and I at a Bucs game. Had no clue who he was, never got into wrestling so only knew the big names from old days, like Hulk, Sting, etc. Little kids kept coming up and getting autographs so my dad asked someone nearby who it was and he told him. Also holy shit that is an absolute mountain of a man when he stood up. Tampa's definitely an area you can see wrestlers out in the wild pretty regularly. Hulk Hogan used to be a pretty frequent attendee of hockey games too, saw him there a few times.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Long ass time ago, like late 90's, The Big Show was sitting a few rows behind my dad and I at a Bucs game. Had no clue who he was, never got into wrestling so only knew the big names from old days, like Hulk, Sting, etc. Little kids kept coming up and getting autographs so my dad asked someone nearby who it was and he told him. Also holy shit that is an absolute mountain of a man when he stood up. Tampa's definitely an area you can see wrestlers out in the wild pretty regularly. Hulk Hogan used to be a pretty frequent attendee of hockey games too, saw him there a few times.
a friend of mine once met One Man Gang in an elevator and he pretty much took up the entire elevator. just a giant monster of a guy.

iu

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Family is from the Chicago area. One time my grandma was getting on a flight in O'Hare, and was going through the ticketing line. She picked up her luggage and it just opened up all over the place. So she bends down and starts scrambling to pick everything up when a pair of hands starts handing her clothes that dropped out, specifically her bra. So she kinda snaps them out of the stranger's hands and looks up to yell at whoever just randomly was touching her underwear and realizes who it is.

"Hey! Yooooour fucking Mike Ditka!"

And he just smirks and says, "You're god-damned right, I am. Have a lovely fight, ma'am." And just walked off down the terminal. What a legend

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Cameron mitchell was the guy I was trying to think off, when discussing bruce willis. Just cut from my brain, till they brought him up in this one again.

I don't get it, that they can shit on willis, but just totally overlook and be fans of guys like Mitchell who did the same damn thing. Take 50+ of a films budget to show up drunk sit at a desk, not learn his lines, and do all the shots in one take in one room. Assuming he even bothered to show up ,and not just film at his own house.
My dad named me after this guy at a time when there weren't many boys that included that particular name, because he grew up watching him on TV.

Before you say "Why did he chose that name?", I spent three days named my two grandfathers: Jarvis Lenard. He called the hospital and had them change the name. I can't imagine what growing up in the 70's would have been like with those two names.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Laughed harder at this one than I have in a while. Thumbs up.

• 2Like

pysek

<Gold Donor>
I miss fat Rich Evans.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users