The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Here is the exact video they were parodying at the start

The rest of the video is making fun of the former collider / whatever people that had to go from elaborate studios to their basement / whatever cause that kinda stuff has dried up
Thanks, bud.

I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to that stuff. I think I'm just old and despite being a doctor I'm not retarded. 😉

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got around to watching Dinner in America, and it was great. Go in blind if you can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Turned the review off after the first 5 minutes and glad I did, cause it seemed like they basically explained the entire plot.

But yeah, this was one hilarious. I think they nailed it that if it'd be released 20+ years ago, it would be a classic.

And their synopsis of "punk rocker falls in love with a retard" made me laugh. Like they said, too, it wasn't even remotely in the way you'd guess that would play out. Rewatching their clips made me appreciate the absurdity and hilariousness of this one for sure though.

• 2Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Kinda a waste of a Mr Plinkett video. That was just a list of nerd level nit-picks. Plinkett reviews are normally a much more complete de-construction of a film

This one could have done as the nerd crew

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I think Mike just wanted to make something stupid and looked for an excuse to do it

• 2Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Keep in mind, Mike released this under the Mr Plinkett branding, so not every video 'of his' relates to major IPs or the genre as a whole.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
It's been something he has been wanting to do for a long time. He talked about it 9 months or so ago in the Picard S3 Re:view (timestamped to the convo below)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I appreciate Mike and Jay's refusal to do Half in the Bags for shit like Madame Web.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Had never heard of that movie before now. Think I might have to watch it. I guess that's why I like the review stuff more than anything because they'll at least cover some oddball deal. Good to see Josh back for something, even if he's big fat hipster.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
eh I had a few two pages ago. video had been up for 15 mins by the time i saw it.
I forget sometimes who posts them outside of McQueen. I know there's a smattering of the rest of us, but he's that legendary fast draw, I mean he's been quick even when he's taking a dump.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like