The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Caliane

They enjoyed Abigal. Complained that the trailer revealed too much. (While also admitting it had to, to sell the movie at all..)
But then proceed to state the movie has more twists and turns, and spoil all THOSE twists as well.

so, if you are considering Abigal, skip that section.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What were they referencing wrt Phantom Menace? Who complained about the Mr. Plinkett review ruining perception of that movie?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Watched Time Addicts last night. Fucking weird movie. I'm not entirely sure why they mentioned it. As a concept it's pretty funny, but the execution wasn't amazing.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

You fucker. I was watching something else and it was literally 2 minutes ago but that video popped up. I was like man 2 minutes surely I've got this one.

Nope...

You're still the fastest.

Should at least be a pretty interesting video, I was wondering if some of their liberal tendencies might bleed into their observations on everything.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fadaar

That guy
You fucker. I was watching something else and it was literally 2 minutes ago but that video popped up. I was like man 2 minutes surely I've got this one.

Nope...

You're still the fastest.

Should at least be a pretty interesting video, I was wondering if some of their liberal tendencies might bleed into their observations on everything.

yeah i saw it 2 mins after upload and this fucker had already posted it a minute prior :p

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
yeah i saw it 2 mins after upload and this fucker had already posted it a minute prior :p
I think he's trained himself that anytime he has to take a dump one of their videos is getting posted. He just senses it.

Maybe he and his wife had enchiladas earlier today, when those spiders since was tingling.

It's like his useless superpower, no different than the man who can turn into a wheel of cheese but can't turn back into human form.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of surprised they didn't mention the 60s, because I swear they're the ones I heard if from. I thought they had said they went through a phase of mega spending movies that were epics, and eventually that phase gave way to the renaissance of the 70s. I don't know that history will repeat just because of the difference in technology and other distractions they mentioned, but it's possible!

Pretty sure they also briefly talked about it in one of the movie catch ups recently, but the fact that movies are so god awfully long now. No one wants to sit in a theater for 3 fucking hours. If you want to tell a long story, go with television because it's a better format anyway.

The release window is one I definitely hadn't noticed, but that's mostly because I don't go to theaters. I had downloaded The Fall Guy the other day not realizing it had just released like 3 weeks ago. But I guess Furiosa is already out (not sure if cam, but I don't care enough to download it so didn't even click it). It's kind of retarded.

Goonsquad Officer
Kind of surprised they didn't mention the 60s, because I swear they're the ones I heard if from. I thought they had said they went through a phase of mega spending movies that were epics, and eventually that phase gave way to the renaissance of the 70s. I don't know that history will repeat just because of the difference in technology and other distractions they mentioned, but it's possible!

Pretty sure they also briefly talked about it in one of the movie catch ups recently, but the fact that movies are so god awfully long now. No one wants to sit in a theater for 3 fucking hours. If you want to tell a long story, go with television because it's a better format anyway.

The release window is one I definitely hadn't noticed, but that's mostly because I don't go to theaters. I had downloaded The Fall Guy the other day not realizing it had just released like 3 weeks ago. But I guess Furiosa is already out (not sure if cam, but I don't care enough to download it so didn't even click it). It's kind of retarded.
One of the guys on critical drinkers live podcast spoke about an era (not sure the years) where Hollywood kept putting out huge scale and budget musicals nobody wanted, which kept flopping....but they were so invested in it they kept trying....a weird paralel to the mcu and balooning budgets.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought for sure they’d mention the Alamo Drafthouse model, but nope. Alamo even has their own label for weird little movies that they like enough to acquire rights to... plus the actually good food, great bar, older classics, special events, and a strict no-talking policy.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I think he's trained himself that anytime he has to take a dump one of their videos is getting posted. He just senses it.

Maybe he and his wife had enchiladas earlier today, when those spiders since was tingling.

It's like his useless superpower, no different than the man who can turn into a wheel of cheese but can't turn back into human form.
I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you all, but you can't win: McQueen McQueen is actually Jack Packard.

MV5BZTViYTZiMjgtYWZjNC00ZDI1LWJmNDEtNDBlNmY0Y2YwZjI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjg5MzUxMDY@._V1_.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users