The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

McQueen

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
3,484
7,660
You fucker...still the fastest!

Wild West Vintage GIF by Buyout Footage
I crawled out of the sads and got my groove back.
 
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
35,429
105,340
"can't mix powers and no powers" Also just stupid.. batman, ironman, Green arrow..
AND, most of the mystery men DO have powers. just super weak, lame ones. mr. furious is right. he can get super strength. preternatural ability to throw forks is also a super power. same with shoveling.
the joke is the powers are lame not that they don't have them at all.

Rich probably should have been on this episode as has some background with comic books. Being able to throw flatware like Gambit or Bullseye can throw, uh, anything is a power. Mike's take on it was odd. Mister Furious has his powers manifest in the climax even. We don't see The Shoveler do anything supernatural but he shovels well. He shovels damn well.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
8,841
21,636
I agree with them. I saw this in the theater when it was released. It got a few laughs, but I remember something feeling off even then. Their discussion put a name to those problems.
 
Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Blackwing Lair Raider
2,947
1,583
I've never heard of this:


Note this video explains why there wasn't a Resident Evil review.
 
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Blackwing Lair Raider
2,947
1,583
No, they just mention they weren't major fans, and felt like the movie was more watching someone play a Resident Evil game than a movie itself, which I would argue isn't really accurate - there were definitely shots and structure in the movie intended as homages to the game, but no one that hadn't played a RE game would see a typewriter and think anything of it.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user