The Rig

spronk

FPS noob
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Rig

Genre: Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2023-01-06

Creator: David Macpherson

Cast: Emily Hampshire, Iain Glen, Martin Compston, Mark Bonnar, Molly Vevers, Stuart McQuarrie, Abraham Popoola, Emun Elliott, Calvin Demba, Richard Pepple, Owen Teale, Rochenda Sandall

Overview: When the crew of the Kishorn Bravo oil rig, stationed off the Scottish coast, is due to return to the mainland, a mysterious and all-enveloping fog rolls through and they find themselves cut off from all communication with the outside world. As the rig is hit by massive tremors, the crew endeavor to discover what’s driving the unknown force. But a major accident forces them to ask questions about who they can really trust.

spronk

FPS noob

looks cool, thought it was a regular show about a natural disaster which is up my alley but then it goes all supernatural and shit, and it has Ser Friendzone! The Abyss 2022

out Jan 6th on Amazon Prime, weird date

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
full season out on amazon now, just 6 episodes which is nice. pretty average user reviews so seems like one of those shows no one will watch or care about

Caliane

Gave it a shot. Dumb shit. can't recommend. Acted well enough. Plot is retarded hippie environmentalist pseudo-science. the ultimate in noble savage. billion year old hyper intelligent bacteria/fungus(it can't seem to decide which it is). Evil corporate man wants to kill it because hes evil and greedy capitalist, and he'll kill all his men to do it!

Budget and plot is some real network tv sci-fi. like shit you'd see on CW, nbc. jericho, the last ship, the river, etc.
one of those funny shows where theres like 50 people on this rig. and, messhall, etc you see all these extras. but all main stuff is only ever the same 10 people. they never actually bother showing how the OTHER 40 people are dealing with this shit. like, just could show them reacting to comms. chitchat in the mess, etc. but no.

.. two chopperss at then end for the 10 main characters.. what happened to everyone else?

alot of shit is just never explained by the magic bacteria/fungus. the fog. the comms block. the source of the ash. why plants started to grow out of nowhere on the rig. the people never even question that shit. does it harvest dna and grow this shit? no. just plants growing out of evil oil rigs, because this is retarded hippie environmentalist pseudo-science.

the wave. they described a shelf falling into the sea causing a tidal wave. ok yes. but THIS was an underwater ring collasping. it wouldn't cause a tidal wave like that. Also, it would originate AT that location.. .not somewhere else and run them over...

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, this wasn't very good. It seemed vaguely familiar, but I think that's because they ripped off the plot from 'The Black'.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I liked how it was kind of like The Thing with infections. It’s definitely not good, but good enough to watch. You’ll regret it, but not be totally disgusted. Mostly

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I work on oil platforms and I was pretty disgusted with the first episode.

You probably don't want to hear the whole list, but the first one was that it was a production platform, not a rig. Drilling rigs have derricks.

Caliane

You probably don't want to hear the whole list, but the first one was that it was a production platform, not a rig. Drilling rigs have derricks.
nah. go for it! it'll be funny.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Yeah we here at FoH definitely don’t want to read some autistic rant about how a TV show wasn’t 100% accurate and nit pick every detail that was largely to slightly off thus derailing a thread in to a multi page tangent that ultimately ends up settling on what the correct spring rate in lbf/in is for a 1997 Samsung refrigerator with built-in ice maker in beige.

That’s totally never happened here. Totally.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
To be clear, I knew going in that I was too close to the source material and hollywood takes liberties with everything. But deep down I was hoping it would be as accurate as the deepwater horizon film where they had survivors of the actual disaster consulting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah we here at FoH definitely don’t want to read some autistic rant about how a TV show wasn’t 100% accurate and nit pick every detail that was largely to slightly off thus derailing a thread in to a multi page tangent that ultimately ends up settling on what the correct spring rate in lbf/in is for a 1997 Samsung refrigerator with built-in ice maker in beige.

That’s totally never happened here. Totally.

The typical spring rate for refrigerators can vary depending on the model and size of the refrigerator, as well as other factors such as the type of door and desired level of tension.

Spring rate is typically measured in pounds per inch (lbf/in) and it is the amount of force (weight) required to compress the spring by one inch.

A typical spring rate for a refrigerator could range from around 5 lbf/in to 20 lbf/in, but it ultimately depends on the specific model and manufacturer. The spring rate is determined by the manufacturer based on the weight and size of the refrigerator, as well as other factors such as the type of door and desired level of tension.

It would be best to check the owner's manual or contact the manufacturer for specific information on the spring rate for your refrigerator

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I also worked offshore as a youngling and was bothered by the weird cgi / terms they used, but I was just a safety guy so I didn’t really know shit anyway.

currently on like episode 4 and rooting for the deep to win

TV show information provided by The Movie Database