The Roosevelts - PBS

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I realize that PBS' demographic probably lays somewhere outside the populace of this forum, but if you have a chance to watch the series, I highly recommend it.

It's a seven part series, the last being shown tomorrow evening, but I'm sure they'll be available from other sources.

It follows the Roosevelt family from Theodore to FDR and Eleanor. I'm particularly struck by a relatively small star of this mini-series who is introduced in Episode I, that being Alice Lee Roosevelt, first daughter of Teddy and his first wife Alice Lee.

It also covers much of Teddy and Frankin's activities outside of the public eye which has been very interesting.

If you are a fan of history, I think you'll enjoy this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i watch a ton of PBS, i havent seen this though, i was very satisfied with their American Lion (Teddy) doc which was narrated by richard dreyfus. i am very much not a fan of FDR, but i love me some teddy roosevelt stories. do they dramatise when he got shot while making a speech, got up, dusted himself off and went back and over the next 90 minutes finished the rest of his speech like a fucking boss?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
i watch a ton of PBS, i havent seen this though, i was very satisfied with their American Lion (Teddy) doc which was narrated by richard dreyfus. i am very much not a fan of FDR, but i love me some teddy roosevelt stories. do they dramatise when he got shot while making a speech, got up, dusted himself off and went back and over the next 90 minutes finished the rest of his speech like a fucking boss?
They did cover that speech. Jesus Christ what a tough SOB.