The Seven Psychopaths

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
caught this tonight. its pretty cool. a little talk heavy but i fucking love the shit out of everything Sam Rockwell does.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you go in expecting another masterpiece of black comedy like In Bruges, you will be sorely fucking disappointed. I haven't had my expectations dashed this badly since I went to see Revolver.

sabiz_sl

shitlord
In Bruges is excellent, great script and character action. It manages to carry of a heavily cliched plot scenario and make it fresh, keeping you hooked to the end.

Sorry too hear this new film may not be achieving the same level of impact.

Killoran_sl

shitlord
I'm very surprised to hear that someone who liked In Bruges didn't enjoy this. I can understand people not putting this on the same level as a lot of the best picture nominees (which I would attribute to its lack of serious subject matter compared most oscar films), but I thought it was a great movie and it ended up being my favorite of the year. That being said, taking the movie too seriously or too lightly could hamper your enjoyment of it and it walks a fine line in that regard (I thought In Bruges was similar in this, just to a lesser degree). Sam Rockwell's Billy Bickle was also the best character in any movie this year and I'm sad he isn't getting more recognition for it.

Vorph

I was expecting a serious black comedy (which is what I would say In Bruges was) and the whole movie-within-a-movie thing killed it for me. I just didn't find enough of it to be funny either, due in large part to the glacial pace of the first half. It had its moments for sure, and both Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken were great, but I wouldn't put it even remotely in the same league as In Bruges.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am most of the way through In Bruges. this is a fucking masterpiece. i have to say its apples and oranges to seven psychopaths.

Homsar

Watched it last night and loved it, Sam describing the shootout at the cemetery was hilarious especially when Walken popped up like Dracula

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I am most of the way through In Bruges. this is a fucking masterpiece. i have to say its apples and oranges to seven psychopaths.
Yeah not really the same at all. I do like Seven Psychopaths more than In Bruges, mostly because the ending of 7 Psychopaths was so awesome. In Bruges was still really good though don't get me wrong

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Movie was great fun. Sam Rockwell should have been nominated for an Oscar. He was an absolute force of nature in this movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sam rockwell is amazing.dude goes from wild bill in green mile to chuck barris in dangerous mind to zaphod beeblebrocks in hitchhikers... to a cloned astronaut in moon and never gets his due.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You left out Guy Fleeman inGalaxy Quest!

Also, this was great.

ry8Lf9o.gif