The Sopranos

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I laughed hard one of the times that Tony was yelling at Bobby. "Don't lean on my truck. You'll flip it the fuck over."

I mean, that line has stuck with me since it first aired... I probably have the wording wrong, but I still remember it.

spronk

FPS noob
i should do a sopranos rewatch soon

in the meantime, someone has combined skyrim and sopranos

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
i should do a sopranos rewatch soon

in the meantime, someone has combined skyrim and sopranos

Get off my car before you flip it over, you fat fuck... One of my favorite Sopranos lines. That's the same one I mentioned last year in this thread.
I laughed hard one of the times that Tony was yelling at Bobby. "Don't lean on my truck. You'll flip it the fuck over."

I mean, that line has stuck with me since it first aired... I probably have the wording wrong, but I still remember it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Its hard to take it seriously when they parodied Goodfellas with Liotta laughing like that.

spronk

FPS noob
i mentioned it in the movie thread but if you like The Sopranos TV show, DO NOT WATCH The Many Saints of Newark prequel movie. It retroactively imo ruins the TV show and turns everyone into a huge faggot. What a shit show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
no surprise, dave chase intended for tony to be dead in the finale

rewatching on and off now, show holds up really well. its bizarre to me there are virtually no shows (maybe network shows, i dunno but none on streaming services) that are simple, slow burn, people sit and talk kinda shows like Sopranos. shit is moving at 100x the speed now, like every writer is on adderall

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

rewatching on and off now, show holds up really well. its bizarre to me there are virtually no shows (maybe network shows, i dunno but none on streaming services) that are simple, slow burn, people sit and talk kinda shows like Sopranos. shit is moving at 100x the speed now, like every writer is on adderall

The vast majority of American shows defiantly try to turn the action and drama nobs to 11.

There are a few foreign shows on streaming that might fit the bill; from what I remember, Babylon Berlin and Gomorrah are paced about the same as Sopranos, if you want to read subs.

Of course The Sopranos, The Wire, and Deadwood are 3 of the best shows ever made, so trying to find someone that can capture that lighting, in the current Hollywood socio-political climate is a near impossibility. In the last 10 years, only Chernobyl has come close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1637607303058.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

meadow soprano doing a chevy commercial

kinda weird

glad to see the 2 of them aren't fucked up at least

this did it better tho

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor

I prefer the ending that we got.

One feature of getting older is that closure gets less and less appealing.