The Stock Trading and Shitposting thread.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This was my trade on RENT on 11 April. Was the best of the day at the time, I do believe, already up 63% from the open by the time I latched onto it. I dunno, I guess I was slow on the uptake that day...

As classic a continuation as you can get...symmetric extension after consolidation, and trendline resistance break....right at a full-dollar price level of $16. Beautiful.

View attachment 525180

Wut?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone trying to learn in this thread is disillusional. Why do you think the investment thread is so heavily moderated to the detriment of voices in this thread?

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone trying to learn in this thread is disillusional. Why do you think the investment thread is so heavily moderated to the detriment of voices in this thread?
You're drunk, this isn't an investment thread so don't know what the fuck you're on about.

• 2Like

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
Correct, this is a trading thread. You know, like in the thread's TITLE.

The pantywaist whiner over "/pol" speech can't work a search engine to look up terms with which he's unfamiliar, and decides the fault lies with everybody else. Color me unsurprised.

• 1Neguchet
  • 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Correct, this is a trading thread. You know, like in the thread's TITLE.

The pantywaist whiner over "/pol" speech can't work a search engine to look up terms with which he's unfamiliar, and decides the fault lies with everybody else. Color me unsurprised.

Welcome to FOH faggot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The fact that you are a man who would let "the ratio" of other peoples' opinions mean something to him is entirely consistent with everything you've shown so far.

It’s helpful to know who the retards in the forum are. Particularly in more moderated areas that matter…like investments.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Can we stop the back and forth shitting posting and get back on topic please

• 1Like

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
My KAVL Trade on Monday. Made on my standard assumption that things that have been dramatic will continue to be dramatic, i.e. the best stuff of the day, with the most interest from the market, will be sent up repeatedly, so just try to grab it going back up, with tight stop losses. I no longer give my entries "room to breathe." I've lost way too much money doing that. Very tight stops at entry, which I think of as refusing to lose money or hold a losing position, clears your failed decision to enter away immediately, freeing you up to make a successful decision to enter that will make the rent. It has made all the difference in my mood, enjoyment of trading, mental focus, and results. I am literally never, anymore, sitting in front of the charts, frozen in inaction, just hoping against hope that my losing position will come back and I can avoid a sizeable loss, all while other great setups and opportunities pass me by...

My mistake here was deciding to exit on my own at over 8.50 (without even seeing any red!), just because I liked my gains, essentially choosing a top for the stock instead of letting it SHOW me how far it was going to go. I left on the table over a dollar of additional gains on this rocket's continuation up to 9.65 (an additional 17% on my trade), basically for no reason at all. This trade reinforced to me another "rule" I have for myself that I still routinely break, which is don't engage in picking tops or bottoms, let the stock show you where those are gong to be. As a practical matter, this means never selling a position, just adjusting your stop, or leaving in a trailing stop, and letting the price action take you out. However, we certainly don't always follow even the rules we create for ourselves, do we? C'est la vie.

Quite obviously, this pattern was great for an add-to in the middle of this movement, over 7.00, and in fact I did have an add-to, not shown, that I sold prematurely while letting my initial entry run, but that grabbed a little extra in the middle of this.

1713459842510.png

Last edited:
  • 4Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1713478530668.png

A $4bn turnover chemical company with a market cap of under $100m. This is a great time to buy at the very bottom - the only way is up!

• 1Worf

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
That's snoozy cattle-like investor stuff. This thread is for market apex predation.

Cat strikes.gif

• 1Picard

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
Please tell us more about what our threads are for, dude with 14 total posts all in the last 24 hours.
Moo.

And, to expound upon that... oh, do I not have enough POSTING experience in this PARTICULAR PLACE to be able to understand what things are for when they are GIVEN TITLES? Well, I do suppose you might be one to consider that a higher-level skill. Tell me, how many posts did it take for you to acquire that one?

You know what? Never mind, no one cares, least of all me. Like Foler said, you want to quit shitposting (MY personal objection, since it's IN the thread name, is only that you do it badly and inanely) and put in something on-topic? Give that a shot.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Moo.

And, to expound upon that... oh, do I not have enough POSTING experience in this PARTICULAR PLACE to be able to understand what things are for when they are GIVEN TITLES? Well, I do suppose you might be one to consider that a higher-level skill. Tell me, how many posts did it take for you to acquire that one?

You know what? Never mind, no one cares, least of all me. Like Foler said, you want to quit shitposting (badly and inanely) and put in something on-topic? Give that a shot.

Love this guy. We need more like him

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
do I not have enough POSTING experience in this PARTICULAR PLACE to be able to understand what things are for when they are GIVEN TITLES?

Obviously, since the very first thing you did upon arrival was to tell longtime members they're doing it wrong. The fact that Foler and Araysar are on your side in this tells the rest of us all we need to know. Your condescension schtick doesn't change any of that.

• 1Picard
  • 1Truth!

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
Obviously, since the very first thing you did upon arrival was to tell longtime members they're doing it wrong. The fact that Foler and Araysar are on your side in this tells the rest of us all we need to know. Your condescension schtick doesn't change any of that.
I never told people they were doing it "wrong," I don't have the data for that, on who is making what kind of profits...I also didn't look back particularly far because that thread was a pain to read even the small amount that I did. Seen and heard it all before, anyway. I just said the stuff in the investing thread is unnecessarily overly complicated and puts me to sleep, and suggested a BETTER way for people who are suited for this type of trading thing, based on my results and own observations. You know, data that I DO have. I'm not responsible for your misinterpretation or bruised feelings. Stop trying to make that the case.

Plus, let's talk the "condescension" angle. Hmmm...let's see, I seem to recall... Oh yes, here it is.

Tmac to Araysar: "I've been learning from folks like Blazin, Sanrith, Jysin, etc. for years now and you pop up after a few weeks of profits with a pea-sized bag talking shit. It makes it impossible to take you seriously, which I realize now I never should've in the first place."

Tmac to everyone in this thread (But off of my post, so basically to me, the innocent new guy just trying to get along in this crazy world, and looking for a friendly place to stop for awhile) "Anyone trying to learn in this thread is disillusional. Why do you think the investment thread is so heavily moderated to the detriment of voices in this thread?"

YOU to ME, completely missing the point of my post in the Investing thread: " 'Only buy winners!' Holy fuck, how did no one think of that?"

Yeah, I've no monopoly on condescension, here, friend. Take a look in the mirror, buddy. And then realize that a bulletin board like FoH keeps all the receipts, guy.

lol

Now, post something about trading from your own vast knowledge and experience base. Can't wait to see it. Hope you're not too "disillusioned" now to bless us with your insight.

For my part, without any further goading from the peanut gallery, all this extra sound and fury is complete.

Last edited:
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users