The Synthwave Thread

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never heard of C418 but I guess he did some of the music to Minecraft. His Stranger Things remix is badass:

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Some good shit in this thread, glad this is getting popular again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Ditto what Hekotat Hekotat said. And this is great with other great stuff on this page.

I didn't know there was a modern 2017 scene. These 2 collaborators are awesome, really lifts you to another place. For me that was what synth always did, takes you to somewhere like no other genre can.

Some people listen to music for emotion or a vibe. Synth is set apart in my book from everything else. It has that escapism. 1980's painfully underrated and written off by Gen X'rs and boomers incapable of appreciating it due to saturation.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ditto what Hekotat Hekotat said. And this is great with other great stuff on this page.

I didn't know there was a modern 2017 scene. These 2 collaborators are awesome, really lifts you to another place. For me that was what synth always did, takes you to somewhere like no other genre can.

Some people listen to music for emotion or a vibe. Synth is set apart in my book from everything else. It has that escapism. 1980's painfully underrated and written off by Gen X'rs and boomers incapable of appreciating it due to saturation.

I was trying to figure out a better way to explain this but I can't, you did a good job but I feel it doesn't do what we are feeling justice. I'm always day dreaming and this kind of music really pushes it further than normal. It's almost like I'm on a different world/timeline/universe. Like I'm stuck in an anime where anything is possible and all my wildest dreams thoughts are happening. It's really a bizarre feeling but it's so euphoric that I can't get enough of it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Technically this is filed under Nu-Disco. Sounds a lot like the Talking Heads "This Must Be The Place".

Has a constant buildup toward a dark interlude near the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Synthwave is basically all I listen to these days. Tried to go to the Midnight and FM-84 show here in LA a week ago but it was sold out.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users