The Synthwave Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Does anyone have a link to the Carpenter Brut Paradise Warfare video that was all of the 80's skinemax/cheesy action movie clips cut together that was posted in this thread from a few years ago? I swear its a mandela effect, I can't find that anywhere now. There is a commando one, and a punisher one but this was a number of different movies cut together, unmistakable if you've seen it.

Edit:Here is a cropped version that was reuploaded, uploader notes that the original was taken down but his downloader messed up the transfer:

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nysus

Lord Nagafen Raider
New Kavinsky. It's not that great honestly. Sounds like a new album is coming before long. Hopefully that will be better.

Looks like he took the video down. You're not missing much.

Last edited:

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone have a link to the Carpenter Brut Paradise Warfare video that was all of the 80's skinemax/cheesy action movie clips cut together that was posted in this thread from a few years ago? I swear its a mandela effect, I can't find that anywhere now. There is a commando one, and a punisher one but this was a number of different movies cut together, unmistakable if you've seen it.

Edit:Here is a cropped version that was reuploaded, uploader notes that the original was taken down but his downloader messed up the transfer:

That's always been my favorite video that someone's made of his music. I thought it got blasted off of YouTube because of copyright infringements a long time ago and then some other wonderful individual reposted it I don't even know if it was the same guy, but my hat goes off to them.

Just such a wonderful amalgamation between amazing music and wonderful '80s action.

Sorry I haven't kept up with this section of the forums in a long time, because I haven't set up late drinking whiskey or something.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I’ve seen them twice now, one of me and my girlfriend’s favorite bands Araysar Araysar .

I hope you had a great show, they have quite the following now it seems.

Nice. I saw them in LA right before the plague started, they were great.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’ve seen them twice now, one of me and my girlfriend’s favorite bands Araysar Araysar .

I hope you had a great show, they have quite the following now it seems.
Yeah it was a really awesome show, will definitely see them whenever they come to town.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Seeing The Midnight in Chicago tonight. Pretty excited.

I'm just getting into them... really like: Vampires, Sunset, Ghost in your Stereo, Kids (Reprise)... Any other recommendations?

-----

Is anyone into Starcadian?

If not ...

Look up Starcadian:
New Cydonia
Heart (He^rt)
Alien Victory (fucking slays my brain)
Supersymmetry
Ultralove (!!!)
Interspace (a true favorite of mine)
Radio
Famvs
Night Games
Freak Night

etc

It's some dude out of Brooklyn that is just retardedly talented. Like honestly the to 8 or 10 songs on my list, I would put up against any artist, ever. Alien Victory has parts in it that just melt me. If you listen to it, especially at the end, there's this part where the majority of the music drop outs, and it's just the riff, then it all comes back in. Fucking shit, it's so god damn good.

Does anyone else enjoy this band?

This is a top 2 band of my life... Beatles... Starcadian, .... Muse, Aerosmith,,.. ?)

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'm just getting into them... really like: Vampires, Sunset, Ghost in your Stereo, Kids (Reprise)... Any other recommendations?

-----

Gloria
Days of Thunder
Crystalline
River of Darkness