The Tanoubliette: Pussy Hurt and Delusions or TTPHAD for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Fana: "yeah tanoomba, the bullies are cartoonists not the religious gangster fascists that control massive oil wealth and use it to literally spread hatred of jews and westerners to billions of people, sometimes I wonder how retarded you are then I see you post in a thread that literally calls you batshit insane, have you no self respect or something? seriously what kind of retard does that."

Not surprisingly, you misunderstood. Again.

The "bullies" are not the cartoonists. The "bullies" are the people who INSIST that acting like an asshole, despite already being completely legal and protected by the constitution, is a NECESSARY and PRODUCTIVE (somehow) action and that anyone who says otherwise is a terrorist apologist who hates freedom and also deserves to be mocked and ridiculed.

And yes, the religious gangster fascists are bullies, too. I never defended or justified any of their actions, ever. "X is worse than Y" doesn't mean we're not allowed to criticize Y. Nice straw man, tho.

I don't care what the title of the thread is. This is the only place I am allowed to speak freely and you'd better believe I'm going to take advantage of it.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
you don't have a point to misunderstand, you just try to live in the gaps between sides you spineless wonder.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The Ancient: "I think the issue for some is that you seem to think not going out of your way to draw Mohammad is 'bending over backwards to appease'."

Cad: "I don't see why we should lift a finger or do any other euphemism you want to use to appease them."

Wow. Is it even possible for someone to make a reasonable point without someone else completely and utterly misinterpreting it?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
"Don't be an asshole" =/= "Respect the beliefs of blasphemers"

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Fana: "you don't have a point to misunderstand, you just try to live in the gaps between sides you spineless wonder."

What part of "Acting like an asshole to intentionally piss someone off is never productive" don't you understand?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
how is it being an asshole if you aren't inherently respecting that it's insulting to that belief? by acknowledging that drawing muhammad it somehow disrespectful you're automatically at some level respecting the belief.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Lith: "Violence is not part of the western tradition of debate and I don't respect it as a means of earning respect. Apparently you do, and that's fine, but I at least want you to admit it."

Wow. Apparently gender issues isn't the only topic able to make Lithose completely irrational.

Fana: "how is it being an asshole if you aren't inherently respecting that it's insulting to that belief? by acknowledging that drawing muhammad it somehow disrespectful you're automatically at some level respecting the belief."

I didn't say anything about being "disrespectful". I'm talking about being an asshole, ie: Intentionally pissing somebody off just because you CAN.

That's a stupid way to act and it only leads to greater conflict and more problems. I have yet to see anybody provide me with even one situation where acting like an asshole to intentionally antagonize people had a positive effect.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Mist: "Open criticism of it certainly was the largest factor."

"Ha ha I know you can't stand this but I'm going to do it anyway because FUCK YOU THAT'S WHY" =/= Open criticism

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
being pissed off is the choice of one of the parties, you cannot claim that it's a one way street, what the other party chooses to be pissed off about is part of the equation. The fact that islam claims a special right up to and including violence for drawing the prophet muhammed you should find offensive and antagonistic, and they do it because they can and people like you enable it.

example: If people choose to be pissed off that black people are moving into their neighborhood and other people antagonize them in public because they don't respect that belief then yes that is exactly what you are saying should never work, but it does.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Kedwyn: "What the hell has happened to people where we are apologizing for attempted murderers over a drawing or who you pray to?"

Jesus, how did I miss this? I haven't seen anybody even come close to apologizing for attempted murders. I'd love it if someone could link the post where this happened.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
^see every post where you take agency away from islamists and place 100% of all action on one party.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
also you still haven't addressed the inherent respect you have for a belief by self censoring yourself to its whims. You sidestepped it by trying to reframe the question I asked.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Chaos: "More realistically, the whole thing with college kids stomping/walking on the American flag. 20 years ago I might have been right there with them because I was a moron when I was a teenager. But I find that shit really petty and offensive now. I could rant about it for like an hour, how stupid that is, how it reveals the privileges that these people live in and don't even understand much less think about where those privileges are derived from. And yet, it is a valid form of expression, their opinion and speech should not be stifled, no matter how stupid it is. I support their right to be jackoffs, unequivocally."

This is pretty much my point of view. I agree wholeheartedly that the RIGHT to be an asshole should never be taken away (and it won't), but I'm sure as hell going to rant about "how stupid that is, how it reveals the privileges that these people live in and don't even understand much less think about where those privileges are derived from".

Fana: "^see every post where you take agency away from islamists and place 100% of all action on one party."
Never happened. Thanks for playing.

Fana: "also you still haven't addressed the inherent respect you have for a belief by self censoring yourself to its whims. You sidestepped it by trying to reframe the question I asked."
There is no inherent respect, nor is there any censorship to anybody's whims.

Again, if someone tells you "Don't eat this shit sandwich or I'll kill you!", what are you going to do?
a) Not eat the shit sandwich because it's a fucking shit sandwich you would never have considered eating under any circumstances, while still being strongly opposed to the use of threats to attain a goal.
b) Eat the shit sandwich because FUCK YOU, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME WITH YOUR THREATS.

Cue well-drawn cartoon: A man taking a bite out of a shit sandwich. Speech bubble above sandwich: "You can not eat me!" Speech bubble above man's shit-stained mouth, a corn kernel clinging to his lower lip: "That is why I eat you"

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
if there's no inherent respect then why do you not want people to draw muhammed why do you care at all? and by respect I mean the same way the mafia gains "respect".

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Who made you the arbiter of intent? Why do you get to decide when an actor's motivations are only to 'be an asshole'? What evidence do you have of this assertion?

Furthermore, if the intent of the provocation was to expose an intolerance (even an intolerance of 'being an asshole', according to you) and it succeeded, who are you to say said provocation was either 'negative' or 'pointless'?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
there is no person qualified to decide that quaid and that's exactly why the right to offend is critical to free speech

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Hey Tanoomba answer me a couple questions here.

If Muslims weren't willing to murder people for cartoons, would you have anything to way about this at all? Would you recommend people still not draw them? What's the line for "things that are important enough to defy terrorist death threats"? Obviously you think cartoons aren't important enough so where's the point that someone would say "I'll kill you if you do this" and you do it anyways?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
here's another question tanoomba, do you think any of the current theocracies in the world will give up their power without antagonism and conflict? none of the previous ones did.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The important thing isn't that Muslims are willing to kill people over cartoons. It is the simple fact that their feelings are hurt when you do it. And their reaction, however proportionally out of whack, is irrelevant to the feels they experience that drive them to action. You shouldn't ever purposefully hurt anyone else's feelings or make them feel bad. Because that makes you a meany poo poo head. The only thing worse is a tattletale , no one likes a tattletale.

Status
Not open for further replies.