The Tragically Hip

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Couldn't watch it live, but recorded it on my cable box. Turned it on when I got home late last night from the bar, and for some reason decided it was a good idea to eat a stem of mushrooms (was out of weed). Ended up just kind of half passing out on the couch with fucked up dreams etc. Will have to watch it again later. Shitty part is that it only recorded the first 2.5 hours, as per the program guide, and they went closer to 3. So I don't have the finale. I'm sure I'll be able to dig it up somewhere, though.

From what I did see it looked very emotional and poignant, for sure. When I first turned it on as I was eating my mushroom infused donair, I was bawling my eyes out for sure. However, it's also obvious that Downie is not quite all there, performance wise. His timing was off a few times, and he outright missed some lines in 100th Meridian. I'm glad they were able to do this one last tour, as this shit will go down as being pretty fucking legendary in Canadian and music history. Whole fucking country is going to show up to his funeral.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
I thought he was (understandably) shaky at first, either from feels, or effects of his condition, or both. But they really ended up settling in and giving a great show. It was awesome to watch.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Bah, they took it down it seems?

I assume they are hoping to release it as a DVD/CD combo in the future.

I'm not sure it has the same impact re-watching.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That clip where he briefly breaks down in Grace Too will pretty much always make me bawl like a little bitch, for the rest of my life.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
A simpler time, when they were masters of the fucking universe...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
not trying to necro post but this version has not been taken down in 2 weeks.

Full show HD60fps

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player

Upcoming Doc on their final tour.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users