The Twilight Zone

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
ehx3JR5kJS9JUs4wEc2zcRGbHFR.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Twilight Zone[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1959-10-02[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A series of unrelated stories containing drama, psychological thriller, fantasy, science fiction, suspense, and/or horror, often concluding with a macabre or unexpected twist.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]
It is seriously the best TV show ever made. 5 seasons of classics that are still embedded in people's minds to this day. Who doesn't know about Nightmare at 20,000 ft?

Everyone give a top 5 of your favorite episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

1) It's a good life (evil kid with godlike powers that sends people to the "cornfield" when they piss him off)
2) Monsters are Due on Maple Street (Aliens cutoff the power and everyone starts blaming their neighbors, thinking they are the aliens)
3) The talking tina one (the original Child's Play lol)
4) The one where the tiny flying saucer lands in the woman's house and she tries to defend herself from the "aliens"
5) Tie for Time Enough at Last and To Serve Man (if only because their twist endings became instant classics)

Woolygimp

People like to say that Star Wars: ESB introduced twist endings, but I think Twilight Zone and the Original Star Trek did.

You'll find Eye of the Beholder on the #1 spot on most Top 10s, but honestly I didn't find it that impressive. That's probably because I guessed the ending from a mile away because I've become attuned to media with "twists", and admittedly if I had watched it in the 60's, without being exposed to modern media, I'd have probably found it amazing.

To Serve Man is definitely a classic though, lol. The title is just great.

I find it amazing that they were able to produce 30+ episodes per season for five years. That's a testament to the quality, and some of the sets are really well done like filming the episode on the US Naval destroyer.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
The Twilight Zone
EpisodePosters

To Serve Man
Season: 3
Episode: 24
Air Date: 1962-03-02

GUEST STARS: Lloyd Bochner, Richard Kiel, Joseph Ruskin, Susan Cummings, Hardie Albright

The Kanamits, 9 foot tall aliens, arrive on Earth with one lofty goal: To Serve Man.

Classic shit

vwP9W9EGDCOMk5CUivkLU1Wsmua.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woolygimp

I noticed when I posted the thread it used the icon for the Twilight Zone "remake" series from the 80's or 90s? Was the remake any good? I can't imagine that it was considering it only lasted for a couple seasons.

Cybsled

I don't recall. However, I think they did a sequel to It's a Good Life. The kid from the original has his own kid now and that kid also has those powers he did.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Love this show. And so many awesome episodes. The mannequin story, Monsters on maple street, the Diner episode, and that VERY creepy one where this lady keeps getting phone calls to heavy breathing and sporadic crackling mutttering, and in the end it turned out a phone line went down, and was attached to a grave.

Also on my my favorites - The Hunt. Actually that may be one of my all time favorites.

There are just so many.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Think I've seen every episode over the years. The pig episode, Eye of the Beholder and The Obsolete Man, both great episodes.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A Game of Pool I would rank very highly as well. It says a lot about gaming and competition in its 22 minutes.

As a dog owner all my life I've always had a soft spot for The Hunt. "You see, Mr. Simpson, a man, well, he'll walk right into Hell with both eyes open. But even the Devil can't fool a dog"

The Passerby I like quite a lot as well and Deaths Head Revisted is all kinds of amazing.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The Twilight Zone
EpisodePosters

The Fever
Season: 1
Episode: 17
Air Date: 1960-01-29

GUEST STARS: Everett Sloane, Vivi Janiss, William Kendis, Lee Millar, Lee Sands, Marc Towers, Arthur,

Tight fisted Franklin Gibbs is not pleased when his wife wins a trip for two to Las Vegas. But things change when he falls under the spell of a slot machine that calls his name.

This was my favorite one. Not scary or anything but just interesting to see a man slowly go mad.

oKWZCziPm5X1HbIXtxYSMQjhPdm.jpg

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I liked Futurama's take on the show.

"You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter the Scary Door."

Woolygimp

The Diner episode...wow, fantastic. It's been rehashed, recycles a million times but the original is the best.

And Nightmare at 20,000 ft. gave me nightmares for months as a kid. Even when another friend told me about the episode, it freaked me out.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
One of the greatest TV shows ever created.

I recently found out my girlfriend has never seen a single episode, and has no interest in watching them. First serious issue of our relationship!

Seriously though, I think there are too many people nowadays who don't get the countless Twilight Zone plots/stories/references that litter modern TV shows.