Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Unicorn

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2019-09-16

Creator: Mike Schiff, Bill Martin

Cast: Walton Goggins, Rob Corddry, Michaela Watkins, Omar Benson Miller, Maya Lynne Robinson, Ruby Jay, Makenzie Moss, Devin Bright

Overview: A tight-knit group of best friends and family helps Wade embrace his “new normal” in the wake of the loss of his wife. As a sometimes ill-equipped but always devoted single parent to his two adolescent daughters, he is taking the major step of dating again.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Didn't see a thread for this. Started watching it on Netflix. Quality comedy. Who doesn't love Boyd Crowder in something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched this over the weekend. Was a lot better than I thought it was gonna be, pretty entertaining.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I are watching through this right now. It's OK. But just when you're getting a consistent series of laughs going it will have to kick you in the metaphorical nuts with a reminder that it's about a guy getting past losing his wife.... We're pacing 2 episodes at a time since besides this we're in the showhole right now.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Just wanted season 1 with the wife. We enjoyed it. We kept worrying we'd end up like Forrest and Delia being a 1 kid couple lol.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just saw the first episode and it's really decent. I'll continue on until it isn't. The dude's teeth are alarmingly white. Especially against the dark tan. It looks like he's wearing fake teeth also, because they're smooth. Every time he smiles, it's like 1 mouth-shaped tooth, or he's wearing super white invisalign.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just saw the first episode and it's really decent. I'll continue on until it isn't. The dude's teeth are alarmingly white. Especially against the dark tan. It looks like he's wearing fake teeth also, because they're smooth. Every time he smiles, it's like 1 mouth-shaped tooth, or he's wearing super white invisalign.
It was the same in Justified. Raylan even makes fun of his teeth a few times in the series.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Wife and I watched this last week, both really liked it and looking forward to season 2.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
really enjoyed this also.
thought the timeline was a tad off. feels like it might be more appropriate if it was set 2/3 years after the wife's passing rather than 1 years.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
But then you would miss out on the non-stop hilariousness that was finally running out of frozen lasagna that other people prepared for you...

Xevy

Log Wizard
Very "okay" show. Watched it all, had some moments, but felt a little more broadcast television sitcom than edgy stream content. Rob Cordry and Michaela Watkins were great though. I'm sure I'll watch the second season (second half?) when it comes out, but this is one I'd just tell my friends to watch if they really don't have anything else to watch.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm dumb, I thought it was a Netflix original. It being a CBS show makes a lot more sense.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The chick he has the odd encounter with in the last episode of season 1 has resigned for more episodes in season 2.. not surprising.

She's the actress who played Raylon's ex-wife in Justified and the wife in The Detour.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm dumb, I thought it was a Netflix original. It being a CBS show makes a lot more sense.

This was strange and got me too. When we went to pull it up on Xfinity it said "Watch for free from Netflix" and we streamed Season 1 through there. Only later when we saw an ad for it during Amazing Race did we realize it was a CBS show. No idea why Xfinity defaulted to the Netflix stream and not CBS On Demand.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This was strange and got me too. When we went to pull it up on Xfinity it said "Watch for free from Netflix" and we streamed Season 1 through there. Only later when we saw an ad for it during Amazing Race did we realize it was a CBS show. No idea why Xfinity defaulted to the Netflix stream and not CBS On Demand.

Apparently CBS tried this year to do some kind of cross promotional thing with Netflix and part of it was that Netflix would get streaming rights to S1 of this show. They currently don't own streaming rights to S2, so people aren't sure where it will stream yet.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database