The Vault (2021)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Vault (2021)

Tagline: No job is impossible.

Genre: Crime, Action, Thriller

Director: Jaume Balagueró

Cast: Freddie Highmore, Astrid Bergès-Frisbey, Sam Riley, Liam Cunningham, José Coronado, Luis Tosar, Emilio Gutiérrez Caba, Axel Stein, Daniel Holguín, Famke Janssen, James Giblin, Frank Feys, Fernando Martín, Vicente Gil, Bill Dixon, Reg Wilson, Julius Cotter, Craig Stevenson, Eric Goode, Chen Lu, Hunter Tremayne, Del Mar Richardson, David Chevers, Jacobo Dicenta, Ignacio Duran, Juan Capilla, Tomás del Estal, Julio Vélez, Fernando Moraleda, Pino Montesdeoca, Silvia de Pé, Joaquín Molla, Phillip Rogers, Ramón Robles, Josan Grau, Mario Mayo, Robert Crumpton, Juan Dávila, Simon Cohen, Ferran Terraza, Pepe Carrasco, Juan Pedro Roldán, Javier Garrido García

Release: 2021-03-03

Runtime: 118

Plot: When an engineer learns of a mysterious, impenetrable fortress hidden under The Bank of Spain, he joins a crew of master thieves who plan to steal the legendary lost treasure locked inside while the whole country is distracted by Spain's World Cup Final. With thousands of soccer fans cheering in the streets, and security forces closing in, the crew have just minutes to pull off the score of a lifetime.

Szlia

Saw this a few months back. Not the greatest movie ever, but the pacing is pretty good so it's a pleasant watch. I wondered the whole way through why they picked an actor with almost no screen presence in the lead and was surprised to learn he is actually famous for the TV Show The Good Doctor. Liam "Onion Knight" Cunningham does not stray far from his GoT character, but it worked well there and works well here too.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The lead was alright I felt for a young naive guy. Saw him on Good Doctor a ways back when I checked a few episodes out.. I'd probably cast someone with a little more charisma for the female lead but wasn't a weak point.

Biggest surprise was the CGI and face filter they used on Famke Janssen. Older actresses typically get a blur lense or something these days, but from the gate they just went full CGI on her to smooth her out and maintained it pretty much to the point where if a man was talking across from her, the switch from his face to her face between shots would expose the CGI. It wasn't too bad and you need to be keyed into these things visually to pick up on it, but was it even necessary?

Can she just be a mature woman? Minor gripe, just felt out of place having so much aesthetic enhancement on someone playing someone of age.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database