The Venture Bros.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Am I glad to be wrong!

Still going to be tough to top 'All This and Gargantua-2', but I assume Hammer and Publick and will be throwing in the kitchen sink for this.

Last edited:

Goatface

yvbu5qyw6l4b1.jpg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I have forgotten everything that has happened in this series, ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I have forgotten everything that has happened in this series, ever.

I found the series on MAX and decided to make sure I was caught up as prep for the new season. I was 2 seasons back reading the descriptions going "None of this is ringing a bell"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The show also had years long gaps between seasons, retconned or just ignored previous backstories, and constantly dropped / focuaed on new characters. (Remember when the Mr Fantastic parody went evil and bordered on being a main antagonist? I don't.)

Personally, I am a little worried this will turn into a 'Every character has to get a 5 minute star turn!' deal - I coulda lived without a Jefferson Twilight or Hatred epilogue - but the guys at least get to say goodbye to their creations.

Edit: The Blond guild lady has to be the boys' mother, right?

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Edit: The Blond guild lady has to be the boys' mother, right?

You think rusty bagged that? I could believe he collected a sample from her while she was passed out and started cloning sons.

Edit: LOL "Now in Glorious Extra Color"

Is that a gay pride nod or just a regular joke about old movies that were in technicolor?

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It’s a color process meme like technicolor. Also it’s always been in glorious extra color.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
That was the least final finale I think I've ever seen.

Apparently the boys hated ending the series on the idea of Hank and Dean being estranged, and Doc / Monarch being neutral, and managed to get WB to fund a 90 minute movie to fix just those two things? Weird.

Hell, Venture Bros was my favorite show on TV for years and I still give this a solid "Meh", especially as a pay-for product.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’m glad they did get some kind of conclusion but as far as a venture brothers episode 5/10. Too much nonsense and no real central plot. A final season would have definitely been better.