The Venture Bros.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not the news I was hoping for when I saw this thread get necro'd.

RIP to one of the best shows cartoon network ever had.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Adult Swim had already greenlit season 8 back in 2018, what made them go back on this I wonder? From the sound of it the scripts were not done despite the 2 years since the end of production on S10, so maybe that was a factor? I would have expected the 8th season to have been in illustration/animation roughs at least a year ago.

Had to listen to this on a loop when I heard the news :

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Can anyone really blame Cartoon Network for this? We have been waiting for 2 years and they aren't even done with the scripts for the new episodes yet. Also, go look at his IMDB. The dude has been doing fuck all in the last few years that would stop him from making this show. This looks like a creative that is too fucking creative for his own good and just cannot sit down and deliver on his most popular brand. Sad, but not unexpected.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

Can anyone really blame Cartoon Network for this? We have been waiting for 2 years and they aren't even done with the scripts for the new episodes yet. Also, go look at his IMDB. The dude has been doing fuck all in the last few years that would stop him from making this show. This looks like a creative that is too fucking creative for his own good and just cannot sit down and deliver on his most popular brand. Sad, but not unexpected.

they have said in the past, it wasn't their model to push out series quickly and were ok with them taking years. from what i can tell, the last season was on par ratings wise with the season 6, but less than half of season's 5. warner bros has been trimming the fat here lately so maybe they were just asking too much.

1599609391816.png

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
With such a long time between seasons, it loses almost all of it's forward momentum/hype and you are less likely to attract new viewers, resulting in having to rely on an ever diminishing core of fans.

I loved the first six seasons, but forgot the show even existed until I was reminded of it by this thread. Hell, I have the first six seasons on DVD.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I would assume they were so far behind schedule that the new CN execs could use an escape clause in the contract.

I think we'll get talk about a wrap up DVD movie, but nothing will ultimately ever be made.

Goatface

• 1I Came

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Metalocalypse is the most surprising after what Brendon Small did to them.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
To the characters or to Adult Swim?

Adult Swim, the rumor is that he took the entire budget he was given for season 5 and spent it making The Doomstar Requiem instead. They were pissed since they got a 1 hour 'rock opera' instead of the season of episodes they agreed to fund. It was why the show was never mentioned and quietly shelved for all these years. Either there is new leadership in all of those positions or AS is hurting for money and going back to the well on their most popular franchises.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Adult Swim, the rumor is that he took the entire budget he was given for season 5 and spent it making The Doomstar Requiem instead. They were pissed since they got a 1 hour 'rock opera' instead of the season of episodes they agreed to fund. It was why the show was never mentioned and quietly shelved for all these years. Either there is new leadership in all of those positions or AS is hurting for money and going back to the well on their most popular franchises.
Ah, ok then. If they can make money off this more power to them.

• 1Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Ah, ok then. If they can make money off this more power to them.
That makes sense. Brendon Small is pretty vague about why they cancelled the show. Although they did have Dethklok headline Adult Swim Fest in 2019, so maybe they started to bury the hatchet then.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, shit, this is actually happening. After 19 years Venture Bros will have its last hurrah. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity