The Video Thread

Grimsark

Sir Nicholas Winton who organised the rescue and passage to Britain of about 669 mostly Jewish Czechoslovakian children destined for the Nazi death camps before World War II in an operation known as the Czech Kindertransport. This video is the BBC Programme "That's Life" aired in 1988.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
rescuing jews
meme-sticker-likeaboss.jpg

Early April Fools joke? Where is Mel Gibson? Fundies will buy gratuitous violence as long as it was in the bible?

How do you like your Goddess now? (Emma Watson)

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Early April Fools joke? Where is Mel Gibson? Fundies will buy gratuitous violence as long as it was in the bible?[/video]

It's entertainment along the lines of Lord of the Rings. Interesting story told in an entertaining fashion. There are a number reasons to hate on religions, but this isn't one of them.

It's entertainment along the lines of Lord of the Rings. Interesting story told in an entertaining fashion. There are a number reasons to hate on religions, but this isn't one of them.
Sure thing. The only difference is, the home-school crowd may think this a (fairly) accurate depiction of historical events. Which, I would be willing to wager, is many magnitudes lower than the amount of people that think the Hobbit actually happened. At any rate, if fundies can rage over the film Dogma, I can feign rage over Noah!

As a bonus, the comment section on the Noah Trailer is as fun as reading Fedor's Thin Privileged posts!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Early April Fools joke? Where is Mel Gibson? Fundies will buy gratuitous violence as long as it was in the bible?

This'll be shit if they don't have 2 unicorns running up to the ark, just too late to board.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I thought this guy raised some good points, but I often times defer to the general consensus of this message board on certain topics like this.

It's true to a point. Toomuchregulation means that only large corporations can staff large enough compliance departments to comply with everything. It also means that only large corporations can buy special exemptions through the political process.

Toolittleregulation and large corporations can screw consumers and abuse their employees. Some would argue this is self-correcting, because people would buy/work for other companies instead. But if large corporations control too much of the market, people don't have those choices, and a lack of regulation can allow corporations to control large shares of the market like this.

The problem then becomes crafting simple but effective regulations that can actually be non-selectively enforced. Neither party is interested in doing this, and the current political incentive structure means they never will be.