The Video Thread

Raign

Golden Squire
Decline from what? Nobody is gaining in any significant way in any significant area. Fucking Canadians, 90% of your population lives an hour drive from the border and you talk shit. Its like you have your faces pressed up against our windows, peeking in. Back the fuck off Canada. Go colonize your tundra.
Laugh, he probably is referring to something like this:
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/newsroom/...201_larger.jpg

or maybe something like this:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...o-we-know.html

Don't get me wrong, I think pretty highly of our southern neighbours, but the fact that you spend more each year on military than ALL OTHER SOCIAL AND GOVERNMENT programs combined, while your education and healtcare go to complete shit is... pretty crazy.

Repost but oblig and appropriate:

Mystico

Space Cowboy
<Gold Donor>
Don't get me wrong, I think pretty highly of our southern neighbours, but the fact that you spend more each year on military than ALL OTHER SOCIAL AND GOVERNMENT programs combined, while your education and healtcare go to complete shit is... pretty crazy.
Simply not true. Often times people confuse discretionary spending, non-discretionary spending, and the total budget. Yes the military spending makes up a huge portion of the budget that is voted on every year but that is discretionary spending. The reality is that it hovers around 20% of our total yearly spending. Depending on how you define entitlements, we spend somewhere between 42% to 55% of our budget on them each year.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...nfographic.png

Raign

Golden Squire
Simply not true. Often times people confuse discretionary spending, non-discretionary spending, and the total budget. Yes the military spending makes up a huge portion of the budget that is voted on every year but that is discretionary spending. The reality is that it hovers around 20% of our total yearly spending. Depending on how you define entitlements, we spend somewhere between 42% to 55% of our budget on them each year.
Oh I get the difference between discretionary spending (of which 55% went to military in 2013..) and non, you are right though, I did overstate the defence spend. You are sitting at ~5% of your GDP on defence vs. ~10% for Medicare, Social Security and medicaid combined.

Point I am driving to (and Furious as well) is that you guys have by far the worst inequality gap of any country in the world, barely squeak into the top 20 countries in education, and don't make it into the top 20 for literacy. Which would be fine, if you weren't below the OECD average for public spending yet your military spending looks like:

rrr_img_60957.png

Only point we are making is you (as a country) need to fix your priorities because the brain drain and 2 tier existence in the US is not sustainable nor healthy in the long term.

Oblig:

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was only posted 3 months ago, what has this thread turned into that someone doesn't check every video ever posted before posting in it, rude!
tongue.png

Looks like a silly reddit'r re-upped a shortened version with silly music.
Yeah I don't really visit this thread anymore except to occasionally (re)post something dope. If I want to watch retards argue about politics and social issues I'll buy a case of beer and hang out with my friends and neighbors.