The Video Thread

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
For the BBQ lover, it begins with fish and then gets more interesting.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

I'm a fan of Adam Neely and you should be too! :p He's a fellow bass player but a lot of his videos also go into more meta concepts of music. He's sorta like the V-Sauce of music; a real thinking musician.

This particular video discusses our emotional connection to the music of our youth and explores why each generation is snobby of their generation's music and less open to newer generations of music.

• 4Like
  • 1Bullshit
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I'm a fan of Adam Neely and you should be too! :p He's a fellow bass player but a lot of his videos also go into more meta concepts of music. He's sorta like the V-Sauce of music; a real thinking musician.

This particular video discusses our emotional connection to the music of our youth and explores why each generation is snobby of their generation's music and less open to newer generations of music.

Anyone else not own a CD player until they were 20 and spent their teens culturally adrift?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whats a CD player? I kid! I remember my favorite cassettes and columbia house...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I have no idea how Columbia House stayed in business when you consider how easy it was to rip them off on their initial offer deals (12 or so albums for ~$10)

Because the initial offer was also an agreement to buy like 5 or 10 other CD's at a shit rate.

You would get your initial disks at something like 99 cents per disk then all other disks would be like 15-20 usd and, as far as I am aware, they used your credit card number to sign you up or took a direct personal check so you couldn't back out of the agreement.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Because the initial offer was also an agreement to buy like 5 or 10 other CD's at a shit rate.

You would get your initial disks at something like 99 cents per disk then all other disks would be like 15-20 usd and, as far as I am aware, they used your credit card number to sign you up or took a direct personal check so you couldn't back out of the agreement.

There was no credit card involved (at least in the Canadian one) and you could literally just put whatever name/info you wanted along with physical cash for the entry fee.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user