The Video Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
You probably should have have known it had zero fucking credibility to begin with because it was posted by GrimAmerican Inventor.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Lost all credibility when he said " A physical game, like soccer."
He lost all credibility three months ago when he linked Jenna Marbles video and used completely subjective reasoning to make a "scientific argument" about circumstantial situations. He's a tool.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Saying soccer is physical is like saying sleeping is physical because sometimes people fall out of bed, or their partner happens to elbow or kick them on accident.
Why don't you tell us what you mean by 'physical' and how you differentiate based on this? So far you're asserting crude estimates of an undefined quality and using that to justify your view. Tell us by what physiological, and perhaps psychological standards you're basing your claim on. What positions are you talking about? A kicker, linebacker, running back, what? Goal keeper, sweeper, wing, what? Under what conditions?

It would be good if you back it up with more than this:
Sweet Prince Empire_sl said:
Soccer isnt a physical game. Ive played soccer for about 27 years, I think I would know.
Here's a video to help you along:

Oh, and thanks for the neg - Having cancer does not make you an expert on cancer either.

Why don't you tell us what you mean by 'physical' and how you differentiate based on this? So far you're asserting crude estimates of an undefined quality and using that to justify your view. Tell us by what physiological, and perhaps psychological standards you're basing your claim on. What positions are you talking about? A kicker, linebacker, running back, what? Goal keeper, sweeper, wing, what? Under what conditions?

It would be good if you back it up with more than this:

Here's a video to help you along:

Oh, and thanks for the neg - Having cancer does not make you an expert on cancer either.
First, I was being mostly sarcastic, but soccer isnt any more physical than say, tennis or basketball. Sure, people might get slide tackled or taken out by a goalie every now and then, but its not legal to be "physical" toward someone else in the game.

Physical games are stuff like ice hockey, rugby, and football.

Here are some examples.

Grimsark

He lost all credibility three months ago when he linked Jenna Marbles video and used completely subjective reasoning to make a "scientific argument" about circumstantial situations. He's a tool.
You have me genuinely curious what you mean here... Can you link the video?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
First, I was being mostly sarcastic, but soccer isnt any more physical than say, tennis or basketball. Sure, people might get slide tackled or taken out by a goalie every now and then, but its not legal to be "physical" toward someone else in the game.

Physical games are stuff like ice hockey, rugby, and football.

Here are some examples.
So you definition of 'physical' is physical abuse - contact, roughness, brawn and such? How do you find simpleton parameters like these more important than physiological parameters (physics), fitness, endurance, energy expenditure, stress, motion perfection etc? Consider the fitness level required to be a kicker in the NFL compared with a forward in the worlds leading soccer leagues (aka not US). What about line backer compared with a marathon runner? This is why your assertion is meaningless - it does not specify specifically what parameters are in question, under what conditions and to what end goal.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/physical
Definition of PHYSICAL
a : of or relating to natural science
b (1) : of or relating to physics (2) : characterized or produced by the forces and operations of physics
a : having material existence : perceptible especially through the senses and subject to the laws of nature <everything physical is measurable by weight, motion, and resistance - Thomas De Quincey>
b : of or relating to material things
a : of or relating to the body <physical abuse>
b (1) : concerned or preoccupied with the body and its needs : carnal <physical appetites> (2) : sexual <a physical love affair> <physical attraction>
c : characterized by especially rugged and forceful physical activity : rough <a physical hockey game> <a physical player>
Random physiology video:

So you definition of 'physical' is physical abuse - contact, roughness, brawn and such? How do you find simpleton parameters like these more important than physiological parameters (physics), fitness, endurance, energy expenditure, stress, motion perfection etc? Consider the fitness level required to be a kicker in the NFL compared with a forward in the worlds leading soccer leagues (aka not US). What about line backer compared with a marathon runner? This is why your assertion is meaningless - it does not specify specifically what parameters are in question, under what conditions and to what end goal.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/physical
Clearly you havent learned how to play internet yet.

Sorry, I play real sports, not just trying to be the best at exercising.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Clearly you havent learned how to play internet yet.

Sorry, I play real sports, not just trying to be the best at exercising.
As long as we agree you're advocating the simpleton definition of physical, you're free to call me names and assert your internet dominance.

Speaking of simpleton - here's a classic:

As long as we agree you're advocating the simpleton definition of physical, you're free to call me names and assert your internet dominance.

Speaking of simpleton - here's a classic:
So in using your logic, board games are physical games also, because you have to physically move the pieces yourself right?

Heres another game thats getting physical also!