The Video Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The one at the 9:00 minute mark probably pissed me off the most, as it sounds like the guy on the bike is screaming about how the driver did not stop yet he was the one who had a stop sign and the car did not so the car had the right of way....fucking bicyclists

yep I hate them

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Exploitable...child...labor...

That would be an interesting legal battle. On one hand you have very strict child labour laws when it comes to normal jobs and entertainment, but on the other hand you have child music/sports prodigies that are similar when the thing the child is doing can be considered a hobby

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
That would be an interesting legal battle. On one hand you have very strict child labour laws when it comes to normal jobs and entertainment, but on the other hand you have child music/sports prodigies that are similar when the thing the child is doing can be considered a hobby

Hollywood does it all the time, I have no clue what allows them to pass through labor laws but I think there is pretty stringent rules governing how many hours they work and how many are devoted to other things.

In the case of streaming, there really isn't anything to "Save" the kid aside from a requirement of age over 13.

Heck there was a pretty big legal issue with one of the Fortnite streamers because it was said they were streaming before 13, among other things.

If you are streaming yourself, not attached to a brand, I don't think streaming sites are liable for much if you meet the bare minimums for streaming. Even better (for the company, not the kids), in some cases, because they can basically withhold funds for streamers that meet the age burden but don't "Make it big".

I mean it's basically akin to a kid showing up at a job, receiving a uniform and not being paid til they are financially profitable. This is the position that Twitch has set up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user