The Video Thread

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
that beta card video. Friend of mine collected these cards- so did i, not as bad as he did.

the last time i checked with him around 2002ish, he had- and probably still has.
complete alpha set
complete beta set
complete revised set
complete 4th edition
complete antiquities
complete legends set
etc....
at that time he had pretty much every card that had been released.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I came here to post it too. Donated 20 bucks to him today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
seriously is there like... a primer on what is happening? i LOVE the animation but i'm absolutely lost
This was a pretty good deep dive into what might be going on in the first 3 parts if you're interested in the lore, Arch also did a solo video on part 4 which was interesting.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
seriously is there like... a primer on what is happening? i LOVE the animation but i'm absolutely lost

You could start watching this guy's videos -

He's got a whole fucking channel of Warhammer lore.

As far as the weird shit in that video specifically it looks like heresy and looking like heresy is enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
This seems to be a good breakdown:
So there were 2 orbs in this cinematic, one was held captive by the Inquisitor and white veteran space marines, the other the objective of the tac squad. After tapping into the second orb this allowed the inquisitor to eavesdrop on the conversation between both orbs (notice the second orb glowing in the background in space as it communicates with the imprisoned orb). You can hear one of the orbs speaking about failure and succumbing to the astartes and telling the other to break free and break "them". Hence the attempted possession of the inquisitor and the attack on the space marines, the veterans realize this and try to communicate with the tactical squad on the rogue ship but it's too late. The tac squad get sucked in and teleported.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This seems to be a good breakdown:
So there were 2 orbs in this cinematic, one was held captive by the Inquisitor and white veteran space marines, the other the objective of the tac squad. After tapping into the second orb this allowed the inquisitor to eavesdrop on the conversation between both orbs (notice the second orb glowing in the background in space as it communicates with the imprisoned orb). You can hear one of the orbs speaking about failure and succumbing to the astartes and telling the other to break free and break "them". Hence the attempted possession of the inquisitor and the attack on the space marines, the veterans realize this and try to communicate with the tactical squad on the rogue ship but it's too late. The tac squad get sucked in and teleported.

I didn't even think of it that way, but your breakdown is better than what I had come up with. I was considering it two time lines. The part with the 5 man squad being the past and what "happened" and the part with the captain, sergeant, and inquisitor being the present.

One thing that did come to mind is the surface of the orb(s) looking just how the planet from the end would look, from space. Endless canyons and carved out rock formations. Reminds me of one of the Gaunt's Ghosts books but I can't place the name right now.

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't even think of it that way, but your breakdown is better than what I had come up with. I was considering it two time lines. The part with the 5 man squad being the past and what "happened" and the part with the captain, sergeant, and inquisitor being the present.

One thing that did come to mind is the surface of the orb(s) looking just how the planet from the end would look, from space. Endless canyons and carved out rock formations. Reminds me of one of the Gaunt's Ghosts books but I can't place the name right now.
One user pointed out that as the Astartes were being pulled through the Warp,it was the psyker’s last act killing the thing that was grabbing them.