The Video Thread

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
A guy goes camping in the bushes of European cities while delivering some dry humor on what he sees and experiences.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Russia Unveils New Military Mega-Church
Russia is close to completing the construction of a new Russian Orthodox cathedral dedicated to the country’s Armed Forces. The 95-meter cathedral, located on a sprawling military theme park and exhibition center near Moscow, is set to open its doors on May 9 to mark the 75th anniversary of the Soviet victory over Nazi Germany in World War II.

This cathedral was built by the Russian government at the behest of the defense ministry for the Russian armed forces. It is part of a larger complex that includes a military history museum and memorial for the millions of Russians fallen in the second world war.

Construction of the church cost 6 billion rubles ($86 million). According to the foundation which oversees donations to the Armed Forces cathedral, the public has donated more than 3.6 billion rubles toward its construction.

“A school for military priests is being built and the institute of Sisters of Charity [nurses] will be revived at the main church of the Russian Armed Forces,” the foundation's head said in 2018.

The church’s parameters, including the height and width of its domes, will reflect key dates of World War II and the structure will feature multimedia stands dedicated to the 33 million Soviet soldiers who fought in the war. Once completed, the 95-meter cathedral will be one of the tallest Orthodox churches in the world.
Say what you want about Russia but it's wonderful to see a country build something that isn't a variant of the glass rectangle for once.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I seriously doubt that groveling idiot said some sort of slur. I’m really glad I live in Texas. It’s the Helms Deep of America for sure.
It was proven he said nothing,

Media and libs make the assumption the white dude must have been the provocateur. Hence I get more racist buy the day. If I was that white dude, I would be going to jail for the next 25 years for defending my right to live.

• 1Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users